Going to get treatment for fat and cellulite. Is it good to do 2 different techniques? coolsculpt and body fx

I am going to get treatment for fat and cellulite . I am about 10lbs overweight, mainly in ab area. I am planning on coolsculpting combined with body fx. How long after the coolsculpting treatment should I start the body fx? Is this a good combo?

Combining Coolsculpting and other procedures

I suggest that you discuss with your treating clinician what is optimal for you and your desired outcome. However, I do think you should wait 3 months after having your 2nd Coolsculpting treatment before adding in an additional procedure. You want to see the optimal results before you do anything else.

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I find that full body contouring for fat reduction, skin tightening and cellulite treatment are best done in a combination surgical procedure. I suggest seeing an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting works best on patients who are at their ideal weight who have stubborn areas of fat. If you are considering CoolSculpting, I would recommend waiting the full 3 months before trying another procedure. Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Combining procedures

Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon to have more than one procedure, however, I would recommend separating the procedures by at least three months.  Doing so allows your body to heal and determine the necessity of the second procedure.  I can't speak to the effectiveness of Body FX, but we have seen great results with Coolsculpting.  

Multiple Treatments

Bridgette1, thanks for the great question. When it comes to non-invasive fat loss, treatment options can always be very confusing. As with any of the non-invasive options (cryolipolysis, radio frequency, ultrasound...) most of them require multiple treatments in order to achieve the result you are looking for. There are a lot of offices that combine a heat based modality (body fx) with a cooling device (cool sculpting), I however do not have any experience combining the two modalities. In my opinion it's usually best to start with one device and get treated with that until you're either happy or are no longer seeing results, then if you need to switch to another device if needed. I recommend seeing a practitioner with experience using these devices so they are able to evaluate you in person and recommend the best treatment plan for your goals. Best of luck in your area!