What is a reasonable price for a "CoolCore" applicator CoolSculpting treatment in Boston?

I went in to Laser MD Spa because they advertised 25% off for CoolSculpting and felt in the end that I was kind of pushed into getting financing for $5,500 for a treatment on the inner thighs ($1,500, Coolfit I think) and 4 applications of what I think should be the "CoolCore" applicator in 4 quadrants of the abdomen ($4,000). I am not overweight. I was assured that the $4,000 price for the 4 abdomen applications was a great discount, but I am concerned I was tricked into paying too much..

Cool Core Pricing

Dear Science Mama, Great question. For inner thighs (2 cool fit) we charge $1600 ($800 each). For Cool Core applicators we charge $800 each. When the treatment plan includes 4 then of course it adds up. Many practices then discount for multiples (we do as well). Zeltiq gives all practices a recommended price range and it is not supposed to be under $750 each. It is up to individual practices then to have specials (or price higher if they wish) but be leary of places too cheap. Usually if you're buying 6 cycles you can get a volume discount, it can't hurt to ask!So, you are correct, I don't think that's a great deal but we practice in Central Ohio and you're in Boston area which may account for the higher price. In the end go somewhere you trust!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting pricing

CoolSculpting pricing can vary as every office has control of their pricing. I would imagine most office in your geographical area are fairly close in pricing. Best of luck

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting pricing

Thank you for your question…pricing is a touchy subject for most. When you have a consult for coolsculpting the price is dependent upon the number of cycles that you are receiving and the applicator that is being used. I cannot say that you were charged too much or too little for what you had done, however Zeltiq provides minimum advertised pricing.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting treatment cost

Thank you for your question and your concern. The cost  of coolsculpt really depends upon the number of treatments and the type of applicators used.  It is possible that the applicator which was used in your case could be 4 Cool max rather than 4 Cool core which explains the cost.  As a physician who introduced coolsculpt to the Northshore area of Boston a few years ago, I have personally performed thousands of treatments with two Coolsculpt machines. We offer anywhere between 10-20% off depending upon the number of treatments patients choose. We also offer Z Wave treatment with Coolsculpting. "Provider experience with Coolsculpting" is an important factor not just the cost or discount.

CoolSculpting in Boston

Each office offers different pricings.  It seems a bit high but pricing is different in each state as well. You can always compare with other offices and look at their office before and after photos to help decide where you want to get the treatment.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Prices vary from clinic to clinic. If you are concerned, you can always voice your concerns directly with the provider. Regards,

Martin Jugenburg, MD