Can a circumferential Tummy tuck, Breast lift and implants all be done in one surgery?

Mommy Makeover - Combining Procedures?

Thank you for your question.  It is very common to perform multiple procedures in a single operation. I frequently perform tummy tuck surgery at the same time as breast lift +/- augmentation. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Multiple surgeries can be combined as long as it is safe for the patient.

Combining the surgeries you mention can be and is frequently done so there is a single operation and a single recovery.  Whether this could be done specifically  in your case would require an examination to determine whether all procedures could be accomplished in approximately 6 hours.  After 6 hours of surgery, the rate of complications climbs and as these are elective procedures, it makes most sense to do them in the safest way possible for you.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for a detailed consultation about what would be best in your case.

Combined procedures

It is typically safe and cost effective to perform all these procedures at the same time. I typically perform all these procedures at the same time. In general, I like to keep the time that a patient is asleep under general anesthesia to a limit of 7 hours. As long as your Body mass index is 30 or less and you are in otherwise good medical health these can be done together. You should be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast and body contouring to examine you and discuss your options in detail.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Multiple Procedures

It is possible to do all of these procedures at the same time and I often do in my practice as part of a mommy makeover.   This allows for one surgery cost, and one recovery time for patient convenience.  Performing multiple procedures at once can slightly increase risk since you will be under anesthesia for longer but it is generally safe to perform these procedures together.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon for your procedure for the safest and best results.

Combining procedures

The short answer is yes, however it may not be the best choice to combine all of those procedures.  Patient safety is always the primary concern and the length of time in the operating room when combining these lengthy procedures may increase risk.  You may be better off staging the procedures for a better, safer outcome.  Share your concerns with your surgeon so that together you can come up with a plan that is best for you.

Camille Cash, MD

Body lift Combined with Breast implants and Breast Lift

Technically it is possible to do all of this surgery at once but the recovery would be challenging and the time in the operasting room would likely be prolonged which increases risk.

It would be safer, and likely better for recovery to do these procedures at separate time.

To be sure exactly how this should be handled, a medical history and an exam will help determine which procedures can be done together and how a long an anesthesia is reasonable for safety.

Deborah Ekstrom, MD
Worcester Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your excellent question.  A patient's safety must always be placed first in the operating room, and one component of that is limiting surgical times for aesthetic cases.  Though all of your procedures can likely be performed in a single operation the extent of work needed for each portion will need to be assessed through a series of photographs or an in-person examination.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation for a discussion of the best treatment.