Can a breast lift stitches be restitched?

One of my breast and nipple was stitched and sewed perfectly the other looks a mess. Is it possible my surgeon stitched one and someone else the other. Can this be fixed? What do I do ?

Re-Stitching Breast Lift Sutures

Now, with my procedures sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, and if present it is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.

Now, if you have standard stitches that were removed and then you are having trouble with your wounds opening, it is best to visit your surgeon for a re-examination. Your surgeon will be able to check the area for healing and re-stitch any incisions that may be coming open.

Great question. The answer is yes. Once all of your incisions are healed, you can have area(s) revised. However, you should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Also, you can ask your surgeon if he/she uses an assistant, or view your operative note. 

Revision lift

At this point, you have to allow the incisions to heal. If they do not heal well, they possibly can get revised.

Without photos, it is difficult to make any specific comments. However, I would suggest that you discuss all your concerns with your doctor. Do ask your doctor if he used an assistant to help suture your wounds. Yes, scars can be revised once they have healed.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon