I'm getting a revised augmentation surgery from a tear drop shaped 615cc. Any suggestions? (photos)

hello Imy asking what size of breast implant and profile I should get as I'm getting a revised agmentaion surgery from a tear drop shaped 615cc i would like some advise on a smaller size implant but not too small and if I should go to round or stay with tear drop but with a higher profile I'm 46 5"7 at 170lbs and I wear a 38 I cup bra would it be good to get 515cc or 500cc

I'm getting a revised augmentation surgery: any suggestions?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Yes, you should be able to undergo downsizing of breast implants. Keep in mind as you are thinking about your goals that sometimes adjustment of the breast implant pockets (capsule adjustments) may be necessary to achieve the outcome you are looking for.   Whether or not the adjustment of the breast implant capsules will be necessary will mainly be dependent on your physical examination; specifically, factors such as the amount of redundant skin, quality of skin elasticity,  and how much you downsize will be important.   Sometimes, depending on the patient's physical examination and personal goals, breast lifting may also be necessary.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary (downsizing) breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "down a cup size” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. 

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast surgery, specifically downsizing breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.  

Considerations for downsizing implants

I don't think you need to stay with form-stable, shaped implants as they my be more likely to rotate. Other things to consider:

• Make a change of at least 100 cc in order to notice a difference but more if you want to see a cup size change
  • The smaller the implant, the more likely there will be a mismatch of the skin envelope which would necessitate a lift

Richard Baxter, MD