Can I have this done while pregnant? I already had it done

I am 15 weeks pregnant nearly 16 & had it before

Avoiding fillers while pregnant

There are no studies that show any fetal complications with getting a dermal filler treatment while pregnant. That being said, the only way to be absolutely safe is to refrain from any type of filler while pregnant/ and or breast feeding. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane While Pregnant

Thanks for your question. I don’t recommend that my patients to have any type of cosmetic procedure while pregnant, including Restylane injections. Although you have had this treatment before, everything changes when you are pregnant. We also want to be as exact as precise to provide patients with the best outcome. The fat distribution on face fluctuates tremendously during and right after pregnancy which would make it difficult to be precise. After you give birth and are done breast feeding will be the appropriate time to consider Restylane injections. Best of luck!

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Can I have it done while pregnant? I already had it done?

Although, it may be possible to have restylane injections during pregnancy, I probably would suggest against it. The fluid retention and hormonal changes associated with pregnancy can make it difficult to acheve a predictable and long lasting result.  I would wait until several months after your pregnancy to have the injections.  best wishes with the baby.  Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic procedures during pregnancy

I would not recommend doing any cosmetic procedures during your pregnancy. As far as I know, there are no studies showing possible effects on the baby. It is not worth the risk! 

Cynthia Stolovitz, MD
Montreal Physician

Cosmetic Procedures During Pregnancy

Thank you for sharing your question. Congratulations on your pregnancy. You probably could get away with cosmetic procedures during pregnancy, but it is definitely not worth the risks. Wait until after delivery to be safe.
Good luck,

Cosmetic Procedures And Pregnancy

Thank you for your very important question.  It is unclear which procedure you were inquiring about, but, in general, cosmetic procedures should be avoided during pregnancy.  Please be sure to address any specific questions or concerns with your treating doctor.  Best wishes! 

Pregnancy and aesthetic procedures

Thank you. I am not sure exactly what you are asking but think it pertains to Restylane during pregnancy.  Aesthetic procedures are contraindicated during pregnancy as the risk to the baby is unknown. Since procedures like Restylane are not life saving they should not be performed while pregnant. Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane and Pregnancy

Your question is somewhat ambiguous but fillers of any type are not recommended during pregnancy or breast feeding
Best of Luck
Dr G

Lee A. Gibstein, MD