I had labiaplasty seven days ago. Does everything look okay? Was too much removed? (Photo)

I'm not experiencing any pain. Does it look like too much was removed on the bottom portion? I do not want to have any problems with wetness or sex in the future.

Does everything look okay?

thank you for sharing and yes at this point in your healing process everything does look OK. 

It will take a little longer to determine the final look.  If you are concerned about too much being removed and affecting vaginal lubrication candor sex then don't.   Whether too much labia was removed or not will not affect vaginal lubrication.

Keep us posted.

Labiaplasty: Postoperative Results

Thank you for your question.  Swelling is common after labiaplasty with the amount dependent in part based on the time since surgery.  The final result will be seen after several months.   

Best of luck.      

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist -- Cleveland, Ohio)

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP
Cleveland Urologist

7 Days Post-Op, Is Everything OK?

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks. It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months Firmness of tissue can remain for 4-6 months.

Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of bruising and the way in which your body heals.

Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful

Patients return to most normal activities immediately after surgery with the exception of activities that will create direct pressure on the #vaginalregion such as certain exercise equipment and #sexualactivity.  It will be necessary to refrain from these forms of physical activity, including sex, for approximately 4-6 weeks.

Generally, patients are able to walk comfortably within a few days and can return to work within a week.

With it only being seven days since your procedure I would think it a good idea to allow some time for healing. However, if you have any worries or concerns it would be even better to schedule a follow-up with your surgeon in order to make sure that healing is progressing well and that everything is good.

Concerns about wetness and sex after labiaplasty

Hello Jade,

At 1 week post Labiaplasty there is still swelling that will exaggerate any subtle asymmetries. Give it time, at least till 6 weeks post op before passing final judgment.

If you had too much labia removed, as you seem to be worried about, this won't affect your ability to lubricate and have comfortable sex.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Aguirre Specialty Care - Pelvic Surgery & Intimate Aesthetics®

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

One week labiaplasty results

look quite good since swelling is almost negligible.  Allow yourself to heal (most surgeons will say 6 months) and keep your surgeon informed of any concerns you may have as you heal, such as the fuller upper labia on one side.  But it does not look like too much was removed when you compare yourself to labial amputations done by surgeons with poor judgment as is seen quite often on this website.

Curtis Wong, MD

1 week post-op. Look OK??

...Can't say after only 7 days, but generally looks OK; no, not too much removed.,

"Live in it" for a few months. If dissatisfied, see your surgeon if you need a "...little trim."

Best,m

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

7 Days After Labiaplasty

Thank you for including a photograph.  It appears your swelling is resolving swiftly following your procedure, and the edges of the labia minora are just flush with the labia majora (which is an optimal relationship).  My expectation is that you will have a very nice result, and I would not anticipate any issues with sex.  Best wishes for a fantastic result!

Nothing was removed from the bottom

I see stitching along the anterior half (front half) of the labia and none at the perineum. The labial edges are slightly concave suggesting that the angle of the contouring was slightly off on the back end. This can be fixed with a small revision at six months. I don't think too much was removed and I don't think vaginal wetness or your sex life will be impacted in any way.

I had labiaplasty seven days ago. Does everything look okay? Was too much removed?

Thank you for sharing your photos. Based on the images you have provided, it appears your labiaplasty procedure is progressing well.  Unfortunately, it is hard to tell this early after surgery what your final outcome will be, so you should allow more time to fully appreciate the overall result. Seven days after surgery it is common to still have swelling and you may notice some asymmetry as well. These typically this will resolve with time, however if they continue you should address them with your surgeon. In the meantime, continue local care of the incisions as instructed by your surgeon and ensure you follow up with your surgeon as scheduled.

I had labiaplasty 7 days ago. Everything look okay?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph, and congratulations on your surgery.  It appears that you are healing well and should anticipate a nice result.  As far as the amount of tissue removed, your labia minora are at or behind the level of your labia majora, which is desirable.  Additionally, as the tissues are likely experiencing swelling you should see them not only get smaller but more symmetrical in appearance.  Allow your results to mature over 6 weeks to have the best sense as to your long-term outcome.