Is it normal to be in pain this long after having crown prep & placement?

My dentist first did a root canal then did temporary crown two weeks after root canal. I have permanent crown now but I am in much pain and and it hasn't gone away, on the contrary pain is getting worse.

Pain after Rootcanal and crown

it sounds like your problem can be as simple as fixing it by adjusting your bite. But in some cases of your Rootcanal was not done by an Endodontist its possible you have a missed nerve or the Rootcanal was not done properly. I would schedule an appointment with your dentist and an Endodontist to evaluate your current problem 

Beverly Hills Dentist

Schedule a followup with your dentist, who did your crown.

Sorry to hear about your pain.  My recommendation is that you go see the dentist who did your root canal and crown.  It should be part of your followup visit.  There could be multiple causes and treatment for your pain, ranging from a simple adjustment of your crown to having to drill through your crown and re-treat your root canal.  Let's hope that it's the former.  

Jean-Paul Banh, DDS
Federal Way Dentist

Pain after root canal and crown ... #DrSarahThompson

I would suggest returning to the dentist that did the crown.  My first recommendation would be that s/he check to see if the crown needs to be adjusted.  If so, this is something that only takes about 5 minutes in the dental chair.  It is often the case that the crown needs to be adjusted when the pain persists for more than a few days following the placement of the crown.  I hope this helps.  Follow me on RealSelf if you have more questions.