Soon to be getting an explant. Any suggestions?

Saline under muscle, approx 450cc. Areolar incision, under local. No lift. I have a very physical job. Usually how long should I be off work to heal?

Explant

Time off of work will vary depending upon how aggressive your occupation is. We place a drain for 7 days after surgery to prevent seroma. Tight compression with a post operative bra will help 

Thank you for the question. Breast implant removal recovery surgery is usually almost painless and associated with a faster return to activities compared to the breast augmentation procedure.  The procedure can be done under local or general anesthesia depending on the circumstances of the specific patient. Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to specific recommendations as far as time off work; he/she will know how you are progressing, exactly what procedure was performed, and exactly what activities you wish to return to.
 Generally, what breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 
Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.
Patience is definitely indicated after removal of breast implants; it will take many months for the skin to “bounce back” and for you to see the final appearance of the breasts.I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Recovery after implant removal

Removal of implants in the manner you describe would have a fast recovery and I suspect you could be back at work within a few days.  I would recommend however you look into a different procedure.  I feel repair of the pectoralis major muscle is an important step with implant removal, and some internal lifting can be done at a minimum to improve your shape.  Good luck.

Kelly Killeen, MD