Does elastic skin hinder a Breast lift? (photos)

I'm currently saving towards a breast lift because my breasts are very saggy; they're tissue-based so they're heavy which causes the sagginess. However, I don't have saggy, deflated skin and I'm not middle-aged unlike typical breast lift patients. Would this have a negative effect on the procedure?

Elastic skin improves results

Actually, firmer skin tends to improve the results of a breast lift. I think you’ll probably get a great result from your surgery. 

Young people droop, too!

Your breast appearance is certainly within the realm of normal and it is not uncommon for younger patients to have some drooping.   If you go to an experienced aesthetic breast surgeon, he or she will be able to go over a number of options with you and choose a technique which will meet your aesthetic goals.

Would elastic skin hinder a breast lift?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a mastopexy

Augmentation Matopexy

Hello,When the time comes, go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons who specialize in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery, not just implants. Examination will determine what is best for you. Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breast lift

You have good quality skin and this usually leads to better results. you need to have a consultation with an experienced surgeon as you have asymmetry in both size and shape and you need to decide between a one and a two stage mastopexy implant / fat transfer procedure. There are a lot of options and you need the correct advice to be able to allow you to make the decision to proceed.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Skin Elasticity and a Breast Lift

That is an excellent question in regards to breast surgery and frankly all Plastic Surgery. Skin elasticity is the ability of skin to stretch but also to spring back. It varies greatly from one person to another and worsens with age and child bearing. Elasticity is also a major factor in the breast tissues itself and is one of the issues Plastic Surgeons must take into account when planning any Breast Surgery. With respect to your situation without a detailed examination I am unable assure you what would be your best option. All breast lifts come with a compromise in the form of a visible permanent scar. It is likely that your best option would be a Binelli Periareolar lift with an appropriately sized implant. This would limit the incision to around the areola and many of these heal very well with minimal scar visibility.When you visit a Plastic Surgeon confirm that they are Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and are very experienced in all types of Breast Lifting techniques.

Donald W. Hause, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Does elastic skin hinder a Breast lift?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, you seem to be a good candidate for breast lifting plus/minus breast augmentation surgery. Exactly what operation you should undergo will depend on your personal goals;  it will be important that you communicate these goals carefully with a carefully selected board-certified plastic surgeon.
 Your skin quality seems to be quite good; this is actually a positive when it comes to  the results of surgery achievable. Patients with very thin skin are at greater risk for a variety of complications.
 When the time is right, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Then communicate your goals carefully as well. In our practice, this is best done with the help of goal photographs and computer imaging. Best wishes.