Is this double bubble? (photos)

I am 6 weeks out from a breast augmentation. Dr. Kolder in Camarillo did my breast augmentation. My breast look horrible and I am so distraught that they look like this. Can anyone please confirm with me that this is double bubble and how soon may I have surgery to have it fixed?

Breast augmentation - do I have the dreaded double-bubble

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • Your left side strongly suggests that you have a double bubble.
  • this is very hard to live with, in my opinion.
  • I would revise this on any woman after six weeks -
  • In part because with a double bubble, the implant usually keeps on moving down, further and further -
  • No a good look to say the least.
  • Most surgeons would be as distressed as you are (every surgeon has occasional complications and disappointing results), and I hope yours agrees to take care of this for you promptly.
  • If not  - or if he dismisses your concerns - start looking for a new plastic surgeon and take your time finding the right one for you.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Is this double bubble?

Select an expert board certified plastic surgeon who can improve this result.

Beverly Hills, cA

Double Bubble

Thank you for sharing your photos.  Yes, you have a double bubble.  This is fixable and you should discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon. 

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Double Bubble

Based on your current appearance, you had some asymmetry to your breasts in size, shape, and position of your original inframammary fold. It appears that you would have benefited from the use of smaller implants and a breast lift to achieve a less dramatic, but ultimately prettier augmentation.

Your problem requires a revision surgery and I recommend you go on a few second opinion consultations with experts in revision surgery.

Best of luck.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Double bubble

Yes, you do appear to have the double bubble deformity.  You almost certainly will require a revision as this is not going to disappear over time--in fact, it usually gets worse.  I recommend you speak with your plastic surgeon about the result and your concerns.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Double bubble?

Thank you for the question and photos. This appears to be a double bubble deformity and it will require revision surgery. It is best to discuss this with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in this. Good luck.

Double Bubble

Thanks for picture/question and I am sorry for your result. Yes, on these pictures it does appear that you suffer from a double bubble deformity and will probably need a revision to fix.  Allow at least another 6 weeks of healing and then consider getting a revision with fixing of the inframmamory fold.

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Double Bubble

Thank you for your pictures.  Yes you have a double bubble.  In my opinion you should allow for 6 more weeks of healing prior to seeking revision.  

Is this double bubble?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. Although it is still too early to evaluate the long-term outcome of the procedure performed, your concerns are understandable.
The “double bubble” appearance that you are noticing is related to the breast implants that are inferiorly position. If this remains a concern in the longer term, repair is possible using internal sutures (capsulorraphy). This procedure will serve to reconstruct the inframammary fold area, correcting the implant malposition and improving the contour (double bubble effect).

Double Bubble

Thank you for the question and photos. Yes, you do appear to have a double bubble sweetie.  Best to ask your board-certified plastic surgeon about a possible revision as each surgeon handles these complications differently.  At 6 weeks, you should be able to undergo revision. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS