Wanting breast augmentation revision after 8m. Breasts seem too high and wide! Shaped implants, 315cc. (photo)

My doc originally suggested 285cc and I asked for 315cc. He lowered my inframammary fold and used a shaped implant. I hate how high and wide they are, but I am happy with the projection. The distance between the middle of my areola to the top of my implant is at least 4 inches. My chest width is 12in. I prefer a more natural slope and less upper pole fullness. What cc range should I be looking at? Also, is there any way to even my two breasts out? One is lower than the other.

Shaped implants settling after breast augmentation

6 months would seem long enough to know your final result after breast augmentation, but shaped implants can take longer to soften and settle into the pocket. I was an investigator in the Allergan Style 410 study and have been using them since 2002. I have seen highly cohesive shaped implants soften considerably between 6 months and 1 year post surgery and continue to soften for 2 years, so I would give your breasts a little more time to settle before considering any additional surgery. You have a nice, natural early result which should improve more. But ultimately you are the best judge of what is right for you, discuss your concerns with your surgeon so you can make plans if you still aren't happy in the future.

Options in profile and width

Shaped implants usually give less upper pole projection which seems not to be the case in you surgery. I would tend to switch you to a smooth silicone lower profile implant. I hope this helps. Your result is certainly natural so do not be too hard on yourself. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Wanting breast augmentation revision after 8m. Breasts seem too high and wide!

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery.  Your goals sound reasonable;  adjustment of the breast implant capsules along with selection of appropriate breast implant size/profile will likely get you closer to your desired outcome (understanding that absolute symmetry is very rarely achieved).

Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon and careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural slope” or "down a cup size” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.  3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to revisionary breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes. 

Breast asymmetry

Some breast asymmetry is normal. The gummy implants may be giving you too much upper pole fullness. you might consider round implants next time.

Redo breasts augmentation

Dear smiley,  Thanks for submitting your before and after pictures.   From observing your pictures you appear to be B or full B cup size . I have been in practice for 29 years and have performed breasts augmentation surgery on thousands of patients from all ethnic back ground. The most popular size among caucasian  is full C cup size. So, if you are currently 34 full B cup size, to become 34 full C cup, you will need implants with volume of 475 cc.   I use almost exclusively, smooth, round, moderate profile saline implants( for many reasons ) placed in sub muscular pockets through a sub areola incision, which allow for easier, more predictable and more consistent dissection of the implants' pockets, including the cleavage area, the sub mammary  crease and the upper breasts slope. In your present situation, your crease will have to be lowered on both sides, more so on the left side for symmetry.   It is critical the you are instructed to perform implants displacement massage, in order to let the implants settle naturally and give you a nice slope with natural fullness. Additionally, my patients do not wear a bra during day time for one month, so that the crease stays low and does not go upward due to capsule contracture.   I would recommend that you consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of redo breasts augmentation in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical with natural look. Also, check the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and positive experience reports.                             Best of luck,                                                 Dr Widder