My nose looks very crooked to me. Any suggestions? (photos)

I am 4 weeks post op and my surgeon told me to press on the side that is deviating a week ago but i don't think it's helping. My nose wasn't crooked before rhinoplasty. And after cast removal I think it was straight I can't remember

4 weeks post rhino nose looks crooked

Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon in the early stages of rhinoplasty recovery to see some asymmetries.  Often these asymmetries resolve themselves during the healing period.  It is usually 6 months before the nose is completely healed.  Even though it is difficult, it is important to be patient during the early healing phase.  Best of luck!

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose

Sometimes a rhinoplasty unroofs an asymmetry in the nose as the dorsum is shaved down.  But at this point, swelling ay be contributing to the asymmetry.  So be patient.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question & photograph.It is important to consult with your surgeon with any questions or concerns you may have as they know your medical history, anatomy and surgery best. I would schedule an appointment to have a physical examination of your nose performed by your surgeon. You are still quite early in your recovery period and your appearance will continue to refine.  It may take up to a year for all swelling to resolve and for your nasal appearance to settle to a final outcome. Your doctor may prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help reduce the swelling. Healing is often unpredictable and one side my heal quicker than the other and sometimes even nasal bones may shift in healing.  The outcomes may not be as expected.  In some cases a revision may be recommended to refine your outcomes, but I would wait at least 12-18 months so you are fully healed before considering a revision. 
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Post-Operative Concerns

Thank you for your question!  At four weeks after surgery, you are still very much in the healing phase and the time when swelling is continuing to diminish.  It is not uncommon to have swelling in the nasal skin, which will continue to diminish with time.  It is also not uncommon to have some irregularities under the skin, as well.  This will all resolve over the next few months.  I will usually advise that swelling will stay for at least 6 months, and often up to 1 year.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon, as well.I hope that this helps!
-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 month post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. You are in the initial healing process of your surgery, which means that your nose shape will continue to change as you heal over the 12-month healing process. Please keep your board certified facial surgeon appraised of your healing progress.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon