I had a Vampire Facelift 15 month's Ago but its led to pillow face. Will this go away ever?

I had a Vampire Facelift 15 month's ago. My face looks swollen (aka pillow face) and it has made me look odd when I smile. My eyes seem to almost dissappear and my checks and lower face look swollen. Can I get rid of this effect? How long will it last? Or is it permanent?

Vampire FaceLift

For this question it would be very helpful if you had a picture available. After 15 months in my opinion it would be highly unlikely for there to be lingering side effects, there also may be some side effects of the filler that is usually used with this type of procedure. I would go back to the provider and ask him/her to please evaluate. Thank you for your question.

Vampire facelift leads to swollen face after 15 months

Without before and after photos, this is a tough question to answer. It would be highly unusual for there to be lingering effects this far after treatment. Discuss with your provider. Sometimes there is filler given with the procedure and maybe that is the reason for the swelling.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Getting Rid of Pillow Face

Without pictures it's difficult to give you an answer, the swelling would be resolved by now. Fillers could be an option to contour the face and give you a more definition. I recommend seeing an expert about your concerns in order to create a plan for you. Best, Dr. Emer