Should I do Voluma before PRP or after? (Photos)

am 31 old, considering doing both or PRP and Voluma, after my rhinoplasty in 2015 I believe I lost a lot of facial volume and looking to lift my cheeks little bet and to enhance my skin tone and skin around eyes by PRP... Iam thinking to do PRP first as its more natural and safe and later on I decide if I want Voluma. Can I do PRP then later few months I do Voluma ? or first Voluma then PRP ? how long should I wait between both procedures ? Thank you --

I think that you will get better results for your money with Voluma. PRP requires multiple sessions which can become costly for benefits that many patients find disappointing. Make sure that you see someone who is board certified with a lot of experience with Vouma. 

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma and #PRP

Dear Hazel85:

I just answered your separate question about which would be preferable (#Voluma), but if you want to have both procedures, you can have whatever you prefer first.  I would not have the procedures on the same day, but other than that it's up to you. 

All the best, Dr. Clark

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Do Voluma-You will be happier

While there is a place for PRP in facial aesthetics, overall you will get a much better and consistent result with Voluma.  Sometimes you need multiple treatments with PRP to see a result. Once the swelling settles down after PRP, people are disappointed after just one session. It is also not cheap and for the money, Voluma provides a better , consistent result and you will see an improvement after one treatment. Most clients start with 2 syringes but you can require up to 4 to 6 depending on the result you are seeking

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

PRP facial before or after Voluma

PRP will only minimally affect your skin and do nothing to change your volume. I would do both at the same time. Keep in mind that many offices that provide "PRP" aren't really giving you quality PRP. The best PRP is 6X the concentration of normal blood, which is 1.5 million platelets per cc. The low cost machines do 1-2X. Please see the link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

PRP and Voluma

I do a great deal of Voluma and PRP and I would wait two weeks between procedures.  I would do the PRP first and when it heals do the PRP.  You could also opt for the PRP to be injected at the same time with Juvederm and this would give you an added lift and volumization.  Please consult a specialist.  Best, Dr. Green

Should I do Voluma before PRP or after?

Thank you for sharing your question.  PRP treatments have not proven to provide any significant facial rejuvenation and I would encourage the use of Voluma to provide soft tissue support, volume and lift, all helping to improve facial contour.  Hope that this helps.