Is vaginoplasty the best way to tighten up? (Photo)

Hi, I'm 18 years old. I used to be into a sexual fetish involving stretching the vagina. It's gotten to a point that I can barely feel anything anymore because I've gone too far. I've tried kegels and they have not worked. I'd like to be restored back to my pre-stretching state. Would I be a good candidate for hymenoplasty and vaginoplasty? Thanks

Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation and Hymenoplasty

Sexual wellbeing is important to a happy, well balanced life. In addition to physical pleasure, sex strengthens emotional bonds between partners, and adds excitement to life.

One of the most common complaints gynecologists hear from their patients experiencing vaginal relaxationis that “sex isn’t the same”. Women say they feel “loose” and have very little sensation.Now there is a safe, quick, and effective way to treat vaginal relaxation. Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation® (LVR®) is a 1-hour outpatient surgical procedure that restores vaginal muscle tone, strength, and control. It will also effectively decrease the internal and external vaginal diameters as well as build up the perineal body. Sexual gratification for the female is directly related to the amount of frictional forces generated according to Masters and Johnson. We can accomplish this with laser vaginal rejuvenation. 

The reconstruction of the hymen is an outpatient surgical procedure. The procedure will take less than 20 minutes. This procedure will accomplish your goals and result in bleeding when your relationship is consummated.

Candidate for Vaginoplasty

Women have a wide range of normal  color, texture, size and asymmetries of their genitilia. This is true of the Vulva and all of its parts, the same as other parts of the body. Candidates for #labiaplasty and #vaginal surgery include women concerned about the appearance of their genitals , or those who experience discomfort, pain or difficulty with sexual relations.  Moisture can create problems such as yeast infections. More specific problems are noted below in each section. These problems may exist at birth or with growth and development. They can occur with childbirth or other trauma to the region. All of these issues can cause a woman great emotional distress that is often difficult to talk about with their partner, friends and even their doctor.

Vaginoplasty

You're definitely a candidate for a vaginal rejuvenation procedure. Your photo suggests that you have vaginal gapping which may be contributed to stretching of the muscles. I would also recommend that you do a lot of kegel exercises and see if that would help. Good luck.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Is vaginoplasty the best way to tighten up?

Dear Parkermandy,Thank you for writing in with your question.  Regardless of the reason(s) for vaginal relaxation, evaluation for pelvic reconstruction is the most important thing you can have done to determine exactly what kind of surgery is best for you.  After a vaginal repair, you may want to consider C-section as your mode of delivery or the vagina will be impacted again. For more information about vaginal rejuvenation, please visit the link below.I hope this information is helpful.Sincerely,Troy Robbin Hailparn, MD, FACOGCosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio

Troy Hailparn, MD
San Antonio OB/GYN

Vaginoplasty & vaginal rejuvenation

Thanks for sharing.  You really need to find a surgeon who specializes in both reconstruction and rejuvenation. Usually reconstruction requires a urogynecologist or a expert in gynecology pelvic floor reconstruction.  Please get an evaluation for this first.  A hymenoplasty is not going to tighten you as it only restores the skin it is possible that  vaginoplasty might do the job but get an evaluation first.John R Miklos MDAtlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

Vaginoplasty is the gold standard for vaginal tightening, but

Extreme stretching of the vagina, whether it happens during childbirth or not, can create not only laxity, but also damage to the supports of the pelvic floor. You would only be a good candidate for vaginoplasty if your pelvic supports are intact and undamaged. If not, you will need pelvic reconstructive surgery before or during your vaginoplasty. Otherwise, the vaginoplasty will fail. Schedule a consultation with an expert in pelvic reconstructive surgery to assess the status of your pelvic supports.

Vaginoplasty

Thank you for sharing.First you need a complete evaluation of your pelvic floor for any other pelvic floor dysfunction prior to moving forward with a vaginoplasty.Second, you need a very experienced surgeon who deals with vaginal defects and tightening on a regular basis.Third, you are young and therefore your outcome should be very favorable :)best of luck to you.