Upper arm liposuction. (photos)

I did an upper liposuction a year and 6 months ago and now my arm looks like this. Is this normal? how can I fix how my arms look when I fold my arm and how can I get rid of the scarring?

Scarring after arm surgery

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Your photo suggests that you had an arm lift (brachioplasty), probably with liposuction.
  • The scar is from the arm lift.
  • You need an exam to know the best treatment -
  • You appear to need additional liposuction and scar revision.
  • Scars are permanent - the goal is to improve it. It cannot be erased. 
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Arm scar after Liposuction.

It looks like you had a Brachioplasty (skin tightening of the arm), not Liposuction.  Maybe you had both???  I assume that the scar on your arm is a Brachioplasty scar.   It's not a very good scar and could likely be made better surgically.   Talk with your surgeon or a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has a lot of experience with Brachioplasty surgery!  

Arm liposuction

Did you have an Armlift with skin excision? In combination with Liposuction?The scar is fairly mature. You can try to improve its appearance with creams and ointments - I like Coconut Oil at least 2x/day. Laser therapy also might be something to consider at this point. I see the creases occur with Armlift procedures. Liposuction may help with those. I would also try arm exercises and careful diet.Definitely run your questions by your surgeon who should have some guidance to offer to you. Best of luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD