Update about polly beak deformity after a rhinoplasty (Photo)

I had a rhinoplasty almost one month ago , but my profile still so bad and looks like a polly beak . Is that polly beak diformity or swelling? Will my tip drop after few months?

Polly beak

Polly beak can be from swelling in the first 3 months and after that is from excess scar tissue or cartilage. At this point using Kenalog can help reduce the swelling. If it persists for 3 to 6 months then you might need revision surgery. RegardsDr.J

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Polly beak?

It would be helpful to see preops. You will likely require a revision but will have to wait a year or so for the swelling to subside. 

Pollybeak deformity

It is very early in the postoperative period, so there will certainly be some settling of the soft tissues over time. It is possible you may have an issue with "pollybeak", which is typically due to over-resection of the upper bridge of the nose combined with inadequate tip projection.  Of course, I don't know what your nose looked like before and I don't know what was done in the surgery.  Definitely just give it time initially.

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pollybeak following rhinoplasty

It is very early in the postoperative period to assess your final results, as your nose will continue to change over the next several weeks to months.  Relay your concerns to your surgeon, as many times injections of dilute steroids can help a pollybeak appearance.

Still Early After Surgery

Thanks for the question and the photo. In my opinion its difficult to tell anything about your current result because there are no pre-op pictures for comparison. It looks like your tip is still very swollen in the photo. If you are unhappy with how things are looking, then I would make an appointment with your surgeon to talk with them. It sometimes takes 6-12 months for all of the swelling in the nose to go away after surgery. Best of luck~Dr. Sieber

Polybeak

I believe even this early on it is possible to say you have a Polybeak - your tip also lacks projection and there is excess cartilage above the tip and possibly a little too much reduced off the upper bridge . It can all be fixed with an open revision and greatly improved