Thigh lift with a growing separation? (Photos)

Thigh lift on the 10/24 and it is sepersting at the growing. I was told to apply pressure to try and extract the fluid in the hard area. I'm scared it's fat necrosis and tissue necrosis. Should I keep pressing out fluid? Not much has come out and it's warm and hard on either side of the incision. Should I apply butterfly stitch and keep dry as possible, hoping it closes? Thanks in advance.

Thigh lift with a growing separation?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I would recommend seeing your surgeon for an in-person evaluation and discussion of wound care instructions.  Whether due to a fluid collection, infection, swelling, or tension you have suffered a superficial separation of your incision that may worsen before it improves.  Your surgeon should be maintaining a close eye on you to ensure that no other issue is taking place that may require additional treatment.  Best wishes.

Thigh lift

Hello and thank you for your question. I recommend seeing your surgeon as soon as possible if you have not already done so.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD