Am I suffering for hooding? if not, why is my right eye smaller than left?

My right eye is always smaller than my left. I just hate it. It's less noticeable in the mirrors, but when I take a picture of myself, it is very noticeable... I am trying to find causes. I know for sure that my right brow sags more than my left. I am only 17 and age-related causes should be virtually negligible. When I am winking, my left eye opens up easier when my right is down. It is opposite when my left is closed, my right eye can barely raise up (I cannot wink anyways..) Thank you.

Eyelid asymmetry

As discussed below, it's not possible to give you an answer based on the photos but seek out an oculofacial plastic surgeon for a consultation.  There are some rare conditions where the movement of the eyelids is abnormal due to innervation (i.e. Marcus Gun Jaw Winking and Duane's Syndrome) issues.  Make sure it's not one of these conditions and then depending on the issue at hand, surgery or botox might be able to help.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Unhappy with eye asymmetry

Thank you for your question about your eyelid surgery.

I am sorry you are so troubled by your eye asymmetry.
  1. Your photo is not enough to give you specific information,
  2. Eyes are always asymmetric - one is larger than the other (one side of the body is larger than the other).
  3. It is normal to have a dominant eye that can wink and move more independently than the other.
  4. That said, without close up front, oblique and side views of both eyes, it is hard to say if your situation seems within the normal range - or if something else is going on.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Hooding?

The photo makes it difficult to assess your situation. You have to compare your brow position, the eyelid position, the eyelid crease and the fold to figure out the problem. Please take a straight forward photo.  

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hooding

it would be better to have a straight on picture to evaluate your eyes and eyebrows. Hooding seems unlikely at your age but you may have asymmetry.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon