Small opening incision. (photo)

I recently got a breast aug done I am 4 weeks out and i noticed this yesterday , my incision on my left breast has a smaI recently got a breast aug done I am 4 weeks out and i noticed this yesterday , my incision on my left breast has a small opening I was just wondering if this is going to cause any problems , what should I do to care for the small incision? If I tape with gauze and rest will it close? ll opening I was just wondering if this is going to cause any problems , what should I do to care

Small opening

Thank you for your question and photo.  At this point, and according to your photograph, it seems that your incision is healing normally.  Best to follow up with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Breast augmentation recovery

This is likely from the end of a suture.  Contact your plastic surgeon for how he/she would like you to proceed.  It is usually handled quickly in the office and heals without incident.

Camille Cash, MD

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Small opening incision.

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and congratulations on your breast augmentation.  The small hole at the end of your incision appears to be where the suture was ended by your surgeon and should go on to heal from the inside-out without further issue.  I would alert your surgeon to the area so that they can watch you to make sure you go on to heal without incident.  Hope this helps.

Small opening on my incision

Most likely this is due to a suture.  We see this frequently and they usually resolve on their own.  Sometimes the underlying suture needs removing.  Let your PS know about your concerns so he/ she can evaluate you.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Incision issue

This is likely where the knot of the suture material was.  Best to discuss care with your surgeon in person.

Small Incision Opening

Thank you for the question and photo. This appears to be a very small, superficial opening, possibly related to dissolvable sutures. I recommend that you ask your Plastic Surgeon to advise you. It will likely close up on it's own with conservative measures like keeping the area clean and covered, unless the area becomes more irritated in which case they may need to remove the suture to allow for healing.
All the best

Small opening in incision

Thank you for your question.  I would highly recommend consulting with your surgeon so they can perform a physical examination of your incision. You are still so early on in your healing process that unless your doctor recommends something, I would let it continue to heal and just keep an eye on it and make sure to keep it clean and you can also apply mupirocin ointment twice a day to the area to prevent infection. 
Best of luck in your recovery!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Spitting sutures

From your photograph, and being four weeks after surgery, the most likely cause of this small opening is what we like to refer to as a spitting suture. In the race between your body trying to digest the sugar nature of the suture as well as trying to expel it to the outside, sometimes a small portion of the suture will extrude through the scar causing it to open. It's very simple then to snip that suture and allow the skin to close back. Should no fluid be leaking from the scar at this point, it would be in my opinion, to just leave it alone and watch it for several months because it's likely to get better on its own. Best of luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS