Skinny thin saggy face.. What are my options? (photos)

What is the best option for skiny, thin, sagy face. I tried juvederm voluma in cheek but it wasnt what i needed... Can i use voluma fillers to make my entire face look more fat? What other procedures to gain more fat in face?

Voluma

There are any number of fillers that can increase volume with Voluma being definitely one of the ones that I would most recommend. Your results are going to depend on the skill of your injector as well as the anatomy of your face. Make sure that you see either a board certified plastic surgeon or cosmetic dermatologist who has a lot of experience with fillers, but also be realistic about your expectations. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma

Thank you for your question. Voluma is a phenomenal option to add volume to the facial contours and smooth lines and wrinkles in your cheeks. The filler will gently lift the three areas of the cheek (the apex, apple and hollows) for a more youthful and healthy appearance. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to treat a sagging face

Hi There,

For the concerns you have expressed I recommend Voluma, Restylane Lyft, or Sculptra. Voluma and Restylane Lyft are similar, with the exception of Voluma having a two year lifespan and Restylane Lyft offering a one year lifespan. Sculptra stimulates your own collagen, so the result is long lasting, but not instant. I typically place these fillers in the outer midface to promote lift and provide volume in the areas that cause you concern.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

How to treat a saggy face?

Thanks for your question. Based  on your photo, it is hard to fully evaluate your face. In general, patients who complain of a thin face do well with either a bio-stimulant or a filler. For over-all facial volumization, some patients do well with a series of Sculptra or fat injections. For patients who need their midface lifted and volumized--therefor helping the nasolabial folds as well as early jowl, fillers are fantastic for the midface. I suggest you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon who is skilled with facial filler as well as fat injections to fully evaluate you and discuss your best and safest options. I hope this helps!

Sculptra Treatment for Lower Face

Hi, For volume replacement due to volume loss of the lower face, fat grafting or Sculptra is the most ideal filler. Sculptra is a more natural approach in that it stimulates your own collagen and improves the overall integrity of the skin. The number of vials of Sculptra is most often based on decades of age (ie. 40 years of age estimated 4 total vials) and amount of volume loss. 1-2 vials are injected at each session, one month at a time. Sculptra results are not immediate and takes 90 days from the last treatment for complete results. For additional “lift” consider treating the upper and lower face with Botox or Ultherapy pre or post Sculptra. 

Anita Saluja, MD
Melbourne Dermatologist

Rejuvenation for thin individuals with thin skin

Hello! Thank you for your question and photos. You are absolutely correct that individuals who are very thin, with finer skin, are not perfect candidates for hyaluronic acid fillers such as Voluma. You can think of hyaluronic acid fillers like this: If you place a golf ball underneath a mattress, you see very little change. If you place a golf ball under a comforter, you get a smooth and gentle contour change. If you place a golf ball under a sheet, what you get is a visible lump, with no improvement in contour. Hyaluronic acid fillers are the same. Individuals who are too heavy see very little lift. Individuals whose skin is too thin also do not get good lift, but in addition to this, their filler can be visible on the surface of their skin.Sculptra is the best choice for you. It works by regenerating your natural subcutaneous tissue. Because of this, it is very good for individuals who have very thin skin, with very little subcutaneous fat. However, be aware, to see full results with Sculptra takes over a year - so patience is a must if you are going to go this route. I hope this helps, and good luck! SHOW M

Sculptra for Volume Loss

General loss of facial volume can be difficult to treat with common hyaluronic acid fillers. I agree with the previous response that Sculptra could be a great option for you. Sculptra is the first injectable that works gradually over a series of three treatments. It’s made from poly-L-lactic acid, which works to replace lost collagen. It’s used to treat deep folds between the nose and the mouth (also called “smile lines”), and the hollowness of the cheeks. Results are very natural and can last for more than two years. I would advised seeking a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist with experience using Sculptra as well as someone who will listen to your concerns and goals to customize a treatment plan for you that will help you achieve your desired result.

Dennis Gross, MD

Skin, saggy face - what to do?

Thank you for asking about your Voluma.
  • First, we all tend to look saggy if photographed face down. It is no one's best post.
  • You will do best with a consultation with a plastic surgeon but your one photo suggests -
  • Filler - 1 - 2 ccs of Juvederm UP - in the lines around the mouth (nasolabial folds and cheek lines)
  • For cheek hollows, Radiesse has worked well for my patients.
  • Perhaps a small chin implant to add volume there.
  • Microneedling to thicken the skin with tretinoin (Vitamin A based) and vitamin C.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Thin Faces

Depending upon your candidacy you may benefit from Sculptra which helps stimulate your own collagen. Sculptra results are gradual which provides a natural look. Results can be long lasting. I would recommend an in person exam to further discuss your candidacy.

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Options for thin saggy face

Thank you for your question.  Looking at the photo that you provided, I would recommend using Sculptra for your volume loss.  Sculptra is a pure bio-stimulator, not a filler, so the results will not be instantaneous.  Sculptra stimulates your own collagen over time, so the results are very natural looking.    Using diluted Voluma with a canula is another option, and you would see the results immediately.  You want to make sure you go to someone who is very experienced with injecting Voluma with a canula.  When done well, the look is very smooth and natural.  Both Voluma and Sculptra will require multiple vials.  I hope that helps!

Jodie Reinertson, MD
Seattle Physician