Does this look like skin cancer? (photo)

I've had this mole for about 10 years. It looks and feels odd. Very rough and bumpy. It hasn't changed much. What are the odds of it being skin cancer?

Does this look like skin cancer?

It is always difficult to tell from a photograph, so to be safe your mole should be carefully evaluated. Please use the ABCDE's as your guide for when to be concerned about moles: A for Asymmetry; B for irregular Borders; C for black or uneven Colors; D for Diameter greater than a pencil eraser; and E for a growth that is Evolving or changing. If necessary, it is an extremely simple five minute procedure for a dermatologist to remove the mole using either a "punch" or a "shave" biopsy which typically leaves a minimal scar. The mole can then be checked microscopically for reassurance.

South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

When You're Concerned, get a consultation--Mole removal: lasers, radiowave, shave

If you're concerned, I suggest seeing a cosmetic dermatologist for a formal evaluation. Moles can be improved with lasers, radiowave and shave. Best, Dr. Emer.

Dermatologist

It is very difficult to tell from a photo and I suggest a consultation with a dermatologist for dermoscopy assessment

Firas Al-Niaimi, MSc
London Dermatologist

Concerning mole

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to evaluate your lesion through photographs and to give a diagnosis. In my opinion, any changing or worrisome lesions on the skin should be evaluated by a dermatologist, who can look at the growths with an instrument called a dermatoscope. This scope allows the physician to look at the lesion under higher magnification for any abnormalities, and if any irregularities are present, then a biopsy should be performed. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to evaluate have your lesion evaluated. Take care and good luck. 

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD