Septal cartilage grafts vs fascia? Permanent? Risk of migration or resorption? I am pretty worried!

My doctor wants to use septal cartilage to rebuild my bridge after a traumatic break. I am worried having read about the possibility of resorption or migration. Does the dr suture it in so it does not move? When would fascia be a safer option? How does the dr decide what to use? My left side of nose curves in now making nose look crooked, and I am honestly very scared of this surgery. Just want to look normal again without fear of revision down the road.

Cartilage vs fascia

Fascia is often used to add more soft tissue to camouflage a thin soft tissue coverage.  Cartilage grafts are often used for support or augmentation.

Septal graft

an autologous septal graft that you doctor is suggesting is probably the safest. I agree with his assessment. I typically go for a different source like ear, fascia, rib or non autologous graft if there are no other options.

Rhinoplasty to straighten the crooked nose

A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about what may be required for a very difficult surgical procedure such as a rhinoplasty. Cartilage grafts can help significantly when there is a twisted and broken nose, or a depression in the bridgeline.  For more information  and many examples, please see the link and the video below 

What type of grafting material?

There are several options for grafting the nose.  The best options include a natural implant from your own body (autologous implant).  Photographs would be helpful.  Depending upon the degree augmentation, there are several options with septal cartilage being the workhorse.  Ear cartilage and rib cartilage are other good options.  Grafts are usually sutured in position but can be placed in "pockets" in certain circumstances.  Good luck!