Revision Rhinoplasty for polly beak - can I get a refund? How can it be fixed? Do I need a rib graft? (Photo)

I had an closed rhinoplasty 3 months ago I asked the doctor to reduce the tip size and the bony width and for a little hump removal. And now i have a polly beak diformity with a big fat nose which is much worser than my orginal nose on the other hand the doctor has done many thing that i didnt ask him for such as the nostrils and the lingth of my nose,he suggest to make a revision just by remove a cartigle in the pollybbeak side, also he want to do the rivesion in 2weeks.How can this be fixed?

Revision Rhinoplasty: pollybeak deformity & bulbous tip

Hi,

Three months post op is still very early after surgery. Give yourself at least 6 months or more then reevaluate. Although now it appears that you have somewhat of a bulbous tip and pollybeak deformity, you can consider seeking a second opinion from a surgeon who performs many revision rhinoplasties. 

Dr. S

Evaluating rhinoplasty results after 3 months

lolled111

The process of healing for a rhinoplasty procedure is a journey in patience.  In general, is wise to wait a full year to fairly evaluate the results of your surgery, to allow the swelling to resolve and the tissues to heal.  I would caution you to not jump into revision surgery at this time.  

Continue to be patient and good luck!

Julie Edween, DO

Revision surgery

You should wait a full year and sometimes longer for all the swelling to subside before going in of any revision.  Preop photos would be helpful.

Revision of nose

jolet111, I would not recommend such a quick return to the OR. Wait a minimum of 6 months and in the mean time tape your supratip and get Kenalog/5FU injections every 6-8 weeks for a minimum of three injections (assuming you are not pregnant). Then make sure you are seeing an experienced surgeon that does "only faces". See the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty for polybeak deformity,etc.

No surgery for at least 6 more months. Your tip needs to be supported and the excess cartilage removed but it is too early to do this. You should get a second opinion in 6 months from a very experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.