Revision rhino - could fascia cause any more shifting of grafts?

I was told I have a slight inverted v so since it's not causing me any breathing problems using fasia could help in camouflaging this issue. I was wondering with using fasia if it could cause any more shifting of grafts in my nose also the procedure would be closed. Would this be considered a minor revision as well thanks

Fascia for Inverted V Deformity

If you have a very small inverted-V deformity, it is possible to camouflage the problem with a soft tissue graft through a closed approach. It is unlikely that any prior cartilage grafts will be shifted or disturbed. The soft tissue will help smooth the visible transition from the end of the nasal bone onto the upper lateral cartilages below. As mentioned in an earlier answer, larger inverted V deformities require moving the nasal bones inward or spreader grafts to make the middle value wider, or a combination of both.  Good Luck.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Spreader or spacer grafts

Inverted V is best treated with spacer or spreader grafts of cargilage harvested from septum, fascia grafting is non standard for this purpose.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for an inverted V. deformity

Treatment for an inverted V. deformity is usually osteotomies placed in the nasal bones, and a spreader graft placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage herniated inward from the nasal bone. For many examples and more information about spreader grafts and osteotomies, please see the link and the video below

Fascia for revision rhinoplasty

There are many reasons for an "inverted V". There are also many treatments to consider for an inverted V, one of which is leaving it alone. Treatment can be performed via an endonasal (i.e. closed) or an open approach. Fascia to help camouflage is a reasonable treatment for appropriate patients. Speak with a revision rhinoplasty specialist to review options with you.

Dr. Chaboki

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Inverted V and fascia causing shifting of grafts

An inverted V deformity is best addressed by resuspending the upper lateral cartilages to the nasal bones.  (The deformity is caused by a mild to moderate separation of the upper lateral cartilage to the nasal bones).  Fascia grafting can help camouflage the area as well hopefully will not cause any additional shifting of other grafts.  I would consider this a moderate revision but it depends on severe the inverted-V deformity is.

Taha Shipchandler, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Inverted V

An inverted V may develop from the bones not being infracted adequately and/or a defect in them middle vault requiring spreader grafts.  A dorsal augmentation may camouflage it a bit as well.

Inverted V deformity

An inverted V deformity is formed by falling off of the upper lateral cartilages. this can only be remedied with spreader grafts.

Arian Mowlavi, MD