Can a revision fix the bump in my nose and the crooked look? (photos)

It's been 2 years since my surgery. From feeling my nasal bone, it seems that it was not fully closed together leaving one side higher than the other. I developed a bump that shows harshly when I make facial expressions. My nose also seems to be leaning toward one side more than the other. This causes my profile look to look very uneven on the left side. How is it that I love my nose from the right profile view but look like a different person from my left profile nose.

Revision rhinoplasty to straighten the crooked nose and remove a dorsal hump

A revision rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump that is left behind from the original surgery, and straightening thenose.  To straighten the nose usually requires osteotomies placed in the nasal bones, and a cartilaginous spreader graft placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage in the midportion of the nose to make it straight.  For more information and many before and after examples of crooked nose repair, please see the link and the video  below

Revision Rhinoplasty to Correct Crooked Nose

There is an obvious asymmetry of your nose evident in your photos. The reason you can love one side (from the right profile) but not love the left profile is due to this asymmetry. Such issues can be corrected in revision rhinoplasty surgery.  Please do your research carefully, and find a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty surgery and has been doing so for many years. Revision rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult surgeries there is, and you should feel very comfortable that the surgeon you choose is extremely capable. 

You need to see an expert in revision rhinoplasty to determine what is going on and what can be done to  help you. Those pictures are not useful

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Can a Revision be Done to Fix My Nose?

Nasal deviations or asymmetries and irregular contours are frequently corrected with revision rhinoplasty surgery. I need to see pictures for nasal evaluation as described on my website or have the opportunity to examine your nose to make specific recommendations.

Revison rhinoplasty

The photos are not very helpful to see your issues. You are best to be seen in person for an appropriate evaluation. Best of luck.

Revision nose

ConD, your photos are not too helpful, sorry. Seek the opinion of an experienced surgeon that does nothing but faces and one that has great photos. See the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

These problems can be addressed with a revision rhinoplasty. Be sure to seek consultation with a surgeon experienced and comfortable with doing revisions on crooked noses.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon