Results after Juvederm XC ultra plus. Any suggestions?

I had juvederm xc ultra plus on my chin and nasolabial, and after a week it looks pretty deflated I understand after having a filler injection of any kind the area will result with some swollen. Post treatment how much I should expect to see from the treatment?.

Swelling after filler

Hello, and thanks for your question.

It is hard to make specific comments without a photo to review. However, post-filler swelling can take 1-2 weeks to fully subside, so it may be early to assess your final result. If you are not pleased with your final result, the product can be dissolved with injection of an enzyme called hyaluronidase. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler issue

Perhaps you did not have enough filler placed to achieve the results that you are looking for. Best to go back and review with your injector.

Final Result After Juvederm

Thank you for your question and sorry to hear that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  Please keep in mind that after Juvederm injection there will be an immediate result, which you will see right away, and a final result, which you will see after 2 weeks.  It is normal to have some postprocedure swelling and possibly bruising.  My best advice would be to give it a full 2 weeks to see your final result.  At that point, if you continue to have any concers, please see your injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Excellent results can be achieved with Juvederm in correcting age-related volume loss.  In your case, it may be that more product will be required to achieve optimal correction.  Best wishes!

Juvederm and Results

It would be best to  post before and after photos to evaluate your results.  You may need more product injected into these areas.  There is always some swelling after the injections and it will take a week to see the full results.  Please consult an expert to evaluate the situation and see what type of injections you need.  Best, Dr. Green