Is it possible to reshape my nose? I have a long tip (Photo)

Is it possible to reshape my nose?? because I have long tip , look at the photo.

Nasal tip deprojection

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a nasal tip deprojection to make the overall size of your nose smaller.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Nasal tip deprojection

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Reshaping the nose

It is possible to reshape and refine the nasal tip with a rhinoplasty. A formal consultation is always essential so that your rhinoplasty surgeon can assess the nose and perform computer imaging which is always helpful to establish expectations and better understand the procedure. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reshaping the nose

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

I can not tell much from just one view in a photo. The nose looks nice in this view.  Good luck........

Rhinoplasty

Tip projection

To reduce tip projection, the septal cartilage and the dorsal nasal bones would need to be reduced as well as the tip cartilages.  It definitely can be done but you should look at preop imaging to ensure it is the look you want prior to surgery.  

Tip projection

Rhinoplasty candidate for long nasal tip

The nose is a three-dimensional structure, so it's very important to have a full set of photographs of the face to make a determination about a very difficult surgical procedure such as a rhinoplasty.  From the limited photograph, the dorsal hump can be shaved down, the nose de-projected, and the tip shortened with all the incisions placed on the inside of the nose, known as a closed rhinoplasty approach. For more information and many examples of noses similar to your own, please see the link and the video below

Is it possible to reshape my nose? I have a long tip

Thank you for your question. If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so that they can perform a nasal examination and give you the best recommendations. The key in Rhinoplasty is finding facial harmony. Based on your photographs, you may benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing along with shaving down excess cartilage or bone from the bridge. The combination of the two should help reduce the projection of your nose and shape of the tip. I hope this helps. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

Rhinoplasty

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery

Long Tip

Thank you for your question and photo.  It looks like you are definitely a great rhinoplasty candidate.  Your desires appear to easily achieved with either a closed or open rhinoplasty approach. See the video below for some rhinoplasty information.  Please see a qualified rhinoplasty surgeon, review their pre and post photos, make sure you feel comfortable with them and check out their reviews.  Good Luck!!!

Paul E. Goco, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Long Tip

Paul E. Goco, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon