Would I require a benelli, lollipop or anchor lift with implants? (Photo)

I recently lost 95 pounds and see a mommy makeover in my near future. My current bra size is a 36 D but my weight loss has left me looking deflated. I prefer a natural look vs. the obvious fake round look many implants give. I would like to be a very full D again. Is there any way I can get away with just a benelli lift with implants? What would the experts recommend?

Choosing the right breast implant with lift

Congratulations on the weight loss!  Given the amount of loose skin that you have in your breasts I would recommend at least a lollipop lift if not a full anchor lift.  I do not think a Bennelli lift will do the trick in your case.  Best of luck with your surgery.

Benelli, Lollipop or Anchor

Let me congratulate you on the 95 lb weight loss, this is quite an achievement. As for the most appropriate type of mastopexy, I don't think the Benelli technique is sufficient to address the amount of excess skin on your breasts. You may be better served by a vertical (lollipop) or anchor mastopexy. Good luck.

Kenty Sian, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Would I require a Benelli, lollipop or anchor lift with implants?

Thank you for your question and photo.  It would be helpful to have a side view to make a better assessment, but given this photo, I do not think you would be a candidate for a Benelli lift with your extensive weight loss. I believe you would require at the least a lollipop lift (vertical) and more likely, a full breast lift.  Please discuss with your plastic surgeon which would be the most beneficial for you to help you achieve your desired results. Best of luck and congratulations on your weight loss! 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss Surgery and Breast Lift

From your photo, you definitely need a full breast lift in the manner of a "lollipop" style. This is normally extended depending upon the amount of skin you possess. This is better determined in person to address the skin quality and extent. Implants can easily be added in a more natural capacity so that you do not have a "fake" result.

Be sure to find a board certified expert in breast surgery before you proceed.
Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast Lift After Massive Weight Loss

Congratulations for your weight loss!

It is important you know that the "Plastic Surgery After Massive Weight Loss", it's a Plastic Surgery Sub-specialty, responsible for correcting the excessive sagging skin of different body areas, caused by a massive weight loss in a short time, in a special kind of patient, because can be exist comorbidities due to obesity.

In my experience, I have had very good results performing the Round Block Breast Lift (Benelli) with silicone implants for cases like yours: with a significant breast fall and sagging skin, as a result of massive weight loss.

My recommendation to you is to perform the Breast Lift with silicone implants using Benelli technique, and only if necessary, extend the scar ("lollipop" or "anchor").

Finally, I recommend be treated by certified plastic surgeon, with special training in Plastic Surgery After Massive Weight Loss. Therefore, it will use different surgical techniques and special safety measures for the ex obese patient.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast lift and implants

It is hard to say from the photos whether or nor a benelli lift with implant or a more formal lift like a vertical may be more appropriate. An exam is essential.

Benelli lift may be not the best option for you.

I personally use Benelli only for small uplifts. In your case it would leave you with flat "tomato" looking breast.
Benelli scars have more tendency to stretch with time compared to other techniques, which can be aesthetically unpleasant. You would also experience skin wrinkling around areola and it would take a while to settle down.

Lollipop or anchor lift plus implant would work much better for you.

Breast lift technique

Given your weight loss you have a lot of extra skin. The technique for lifting your breasts will be customized depending on the amount of extra skin after the implant is placed. The larger the implant the less the redundant skin. 

I would expect a lollipop or an anchor if you choose a modest implant.

Dr Rodger Shortt
Oakville Plastic Surgeon
Ass't Clin Professor &
Director of Cosmetic Surgery Training
McMaster University

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

What type of breast lift do I need?

Congratulations on your weight loss.  With the extent of weight loss that you have, there is virtually always some loss of elasticity, and a benelli  lift almost certainly would be inadequate.  It is likely that you would benefit from an inframmary fold incision ( anchor) to get optimal lifting, but an in person examination would be necessary.

Straight Answers from Dr. Louton

There are two issues that must be addressed for aesthetic results in your particular case. One is your level of breast ptosis The other is the loss of volume.
In order to correct the ptosis or droopiness a lift is necessary. In order to restore the volume an implant is necessary. 

I anticipate that you will need a lift/augmentation.  And that the lift portion will at the very least require a lollipop type incision.I hope this helps.