Is it possible to remove implant after weeks of breast augmentation?

i had 295cc silicone 10 days ago. Submuscular and during surgery they found milk on my breasts (it as about 5 months I stopped breastfeeding my almost 3 year old child) I am still with cateters as it continue draining. I don't feel particularly sick. But all I want now is not to have these implants on me. I just deeply regret to have done this to me. If I don't do this asap I am gearing removal will be more complicated later. Thank you very much doctors

Implants remove

Hi.
By our experience some patients feel overwhelmed by their recovery experience, especially if a drain or little complications are involved. Try to be patient and  wait a little. If you remove the implants now or in three months it's going to be the same. It is important that you keep going to your postoperative consultations with your surgeon so he can be constantly checking on your recovery.

Implants at 10 days

It is not uncomon for a patient to feel "buyer's remorse" after surgery. While the implants can be removed at almost anytime, you might want to give it a chance to heal and settle down.  Often as the healing progresses, patients are happy with their decision to have gotten implants.

Wants Breast Implants Out 10 Days Post Op

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your implants.   I can understand being unhappy with the catheters though.   They are one of the most annoying parts of surgery.   The catheters, are probably totally unrelated to the milk production.   I would strongly recommend keeping your implants for at least 3 months.   Once the catheters come out, you'll likely feel much better and be happy.   Also, once your milk production stops, and your swelling goes away, your breasts will likely be a good bit smaller.   Whether you take your implants out now or later, the procedure and results will be the same.   
I have removed implants during the first month only one time.   She returned within one year to have them put back in again.   Be patient!   You had this done for a reason.   Give it time and you'll be happy you waited.

Galactorreha and breasts' implants removal

Dear Mayita,
 Sorry for your problem, however, for the general readers information, in my practice , the rule is that any breasts surgery is postponed until 6 months from your last breasts feeding. That is done to reduce the likelihood of Galactorrhea -(milk leakage) as happened to you.
   Usually, this is a self limiting condition that can last 3-4 weeks or a little longer and it is gradually dissipating. If it continues beyond that period, I refer them to their obstetrician , who can prescribe medication that stops the milk.
   I never used drains, so they can be removed and regular wound care with dressing changes and possibly antibiotics for 7-10 days, should take place.
  As far as implants removal, I would not recommend it, based on your situation, because it is temporary(and yes, very annoying). In the long run you will be very happy that you kept the implants, since it is one of the best investment in yourself. It will increase your self esteem, sense of femininity and shopping will be fun again...
 I had a patient who called me in the middle of the night, few days after surgery, demanding to remove the breasts implants immediately, due to the discomfort and swelling. I calmed her down and recommended that she will come to see me the next day to discuss it. She came to see me 2-3 days later and her attitude changed completely. She decided to keep the implants and admitted that it was just panic and today she is very happy that she kept them.
   Emotional decision are not always in your best interest , so give yourself more time (at least a month) and if you decide to remove the implants, it can be done without any severe consequences.
 Obviously, you surgeon should take part in your decision.
                                         Dr Widder

Milk leak following augmentation

There are several ways to halt milk production including medication. If you are certain that you want to remove the implants, then you should do so, but remember that the reason you wanted them in the first place is still there. You might have quite a bit of regret is you remove them at this time. If you want to peruse alternative ways of slowing/stopping the milk flow, mention that to your doctor. If you want them out, then remove them. I sincerely doubt that the stretching of your breasts by the implants for ten days will matter in the final appearance of your breasts.

Peter D. Geldner, MD

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with your breast augmentation.  Though many women undergo an emotional rollercoaster after surgery if you are confident in your decision and want to have your implants removed your plastic surgeon is able to do that at any time.  Explain how you are feeling to them and they can help you make the best decision on removal.  Best wishes.

Breast implant removal

You can have your breast implants removed at any time. You should wait long enough to make sure that you are certain that you want to have them out but not so long that your tissues are irreversibly stretched out. Good luck. I have you find the correct resolution for yourself. 

Breast augmentation result

Sorry you are having your problems. You can certainly have your implants removed at any time. Now or in the future. They are simple to remove now or later. However if you wait months or years you skin will be stretched out and remain that way. Good luck.

Breast implant removal

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation. Please know that you can absolutely have your implants removed at anytime. If you feel you definitely do not want them, then seek a bc plastic surgeon who can help you in the process. The sooner you can remove them the more likely our breast skin and tissue will shrink back to its pre implant size and shape without and irreversible skin stretching. Best wishes.

Removal of breast implants

You can have your breast implants removed at any time. Your breast shape may not exactly go back to the way it looked prior to surgery and you may require drains. Discuss this in more detail with your plastic surgeon.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD