What is the best way to protect side pockets from opening and lower pole from closing? Position of sleeping and what sports bra?

Im 1 week post op breast revision. i went from 270cc to 415cc. i had lower pole opened and side pockets closed. i was instructed to sleep on my back but i'm afraid of boobs falling to the side causing pockets to expand. i am wearing a sports bra to help hold them but i can still feel the implants moving to the sides. my implants are already in a good lower pole position but i'm afraid of sports braw closing lower pole. should i tape sides and wear no braw?

Post-op care

I think that you should contact your surgeon to find out his preference for post-operative instructions. Best of luck.

Need to Ask your surgeon

This question really needs to be answered by your surgeon.  Based on what was done, some areas need to be protected from gravity and other areas may need to have gravity help the healing process. Sometimes different bras, straps, or tape is necessary. Your surgeon will instruct you. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Breast implant revision - how to maintain the surgical result

Thank you for asking about your breast implant revision.

• I understand your anxiety but the only person who should advise you is your own surgeon.
  • Your surgeon may want to see you - or to have you adjust the bra.
  • But what keeps the side pockets closed is the sutures your surgeon uses and not having an implant that is too big for your chest - these will press through the sutures to make space for themselves. 

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS