Post Op Day 1. Am I able to wear a zip up sports bra? (Photo)

I feel like it might be more comfortable. The one that I recieved has Velcro on top and it's itchy.

1 day after procedure, early post op

Thanks for the question. Its early to talk about results.In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. Kind regards

Post op Bra

Dear mybajourney830, We have our patients stay in the surgical garment that we place them in for 48 hours after surgery. Once they are 2 days post op they can remove the bra and shower, and then either put the same one back on or put on a front zippering sports bra - as long as it is supportive. I would double check with your operating surgeon about their specific instructions before switching to a different bra. Good luck!

Sports bra

I prefer a zip up sports bra but every surgeon is different. Best to ask your surgeon what his preference is.

I usually have my patients buy zip up the front sports bras for post operative recovery.  These offer great support and are much more comfortable then the surgical bras.  Contact your surgeon for his recommendation.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Post Op Day 1. Am I able to wear a zip up sports bra?

Best to check directly with your operating surgeon since every surgeon may have a slightly different postop protocol. Good luck!

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. As each surgeon has their own respective postoperative garment recommendation I would reach out to your surgeon's office to ensure you can switch to a sports bra.  In my practice I recommend to patients front closure sports bras or non-underwire bras for comfort.  Hope this helps.