Options for 2nd rhinoplasty revision? I really desire a strong, straight or slight convex nose. (photos)

A primary open rhinoplasty in 2013 left my nose scooped out. My nose lacked masculinity and projection in 3/4 and full profile. A revision in 2015 with the same doc. (using septal cartilage) was supposed to correct that. Now, 19 months after my revision, my radix and upper dorsum still appear low/scooped. I regret having my rhinoplasty in the first place and really just want this to be over. What can be done for a masculine profile?

Raising the dorsum

Dear Rhino90,

Sorry for all you have been through. You can try filler to augment the dorsum.  I would recommend Radiesse.  Alternatively, you can have a surgery to place an implant.  I recommend Medpor which can be carved to the exact shape you want, it doesn't resorb (get smaller in time), and it integrates with your own tissue, so that it is anchored.

I would be happy to discuss the details further with you.

Dr. Michelle Yagoda

Options for Second Revision Rhinoplasty

I agree that additional augmentation of your bridge and radix would give you a string, defined, masculine profile. In patients like you I have augmented the bridge with a diced cartilage/fascia graft harvested from residual cartilage taken from the septum and ears. Consult only with surgeons who have extensive revision rhinoplasty surgery experiene and will show you multiple examples of their results.

Revision rhinoplasty for the low bridge etc.

Revision rhinoplasty for the low bridge etc. can raise your bridge and you can have this done with remaining septal or ear cartilage and avoid a rib graft which is painful and expensive. Over the last 35 years I have always been able to do this without a rib graft. See several revision rhinoplasty surgeons for full discussions of risks involved in all methods.

Revision rhinoplasty

It looks like you need a revision rhinoplasty with an onlay graft of cartilage either your rib or an irradiated rib cartilage graft. Best of luck.