I have a long nose. Can it be straightened to achieve the look on the attached pic? (Photo)

Is it possible to strighten it like in the photo?

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

You could but you shouldn't

I will echo what Dr. Been said previously.  Most patients come in with a nose that looks like your imaged photo and want to achieve your actual profile.  Reducing good tip projection like you show is usually not desirable.   I would never agree to modify your nose to look like your imaged photo because it does not fit my aesthetic.  I would need to hear more about your motivation and why your profile (which I think is nice) bothers you.  

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip de-projection

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a nasal tip de-projection.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had tip de-projection surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nasal projection

Based on your simulation, yes it is possible to shorten and de-rotate the tip of your nose. I recommend you consult with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon in your area to discuss surgical options. Keep in mind, though, that it is usually aesthetically desired to have a slight rise to the tip of the nose relative to the bridge. Your surgeon should be able to perform computer imaging of your nose to simulate the results of surgery. Good luck!

Mark Been, MD
Barrington Facial Plastic Surgeon

It is absolutely possible to shorten a long nose.  The goal of rhinoplasty is to create harmony between the nose and face.  Noses that are proportionally large for an individual's face can be sculpted through rhinoplasty to deliver the desired result.

I have a long nose. Can it be straightened to achieve the look on the attached pic?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Your real nose looks just fine. Your morphed nose is awful. Thats a common deformity we revise .If this is not a joke, you need serious counseling .

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Digital computer imaging

Most people would consider the after photograph a "botched" nose job. Best to leave well enough alone, since the before pictures represent a very nice nose

The photoshopped photo looks like you cut the tip off the nose.  That would not be ideal. You would have to be seen in person. Best of luck.