Have my implants dropped. Is this my final size/shape? (photo)

I am 2 mths PO, I have 480cc silicone unders ultra high profile. I am 5'3" 129 lbs was 36A very flat after breast feeding now measuring 36C. Im not sure if my implants have dropped into the pocket. I thought I'd have more profile, fuller shape due to implant size. Most people can't tell I had a BA, im not sure if that's a good think, im hoping to look fuller and hopefully get a bit bigger.

Have breast implants dropped fully after 2 months?

First you have an absolutely superb result.  Your breast implants look very appropriate and symmetrical for 2 months postop.  Be happy that you have such a nice result.

I do think your breasts will fall further and more of the implant will be beneath the nipple areola and project your breast more forward.  Once this occurs the implant should look fuller.  Please express your concerns to your plastic surgeon who is done excellent job.

Have Implants Fallen?

I agree with the others that you have a nice result.  Whether they are the right fit for you is impossible to tell from the pictures.  We fit our patients with implants that make their breasts proportionate to their shoulders, hips and buttocks.  It's often the relationship of the buttocks to the breasts that really determines the best implant size.

Implants take at least 3 months to "settle" or "fall."  Usually the implants aren't fully "settled" until 6-8 months after surgery.  The reality is that the implants aren't really falling.  The breast tissue stretches and thins over the implants.  This results in the breasts becoming softer and thus looking and feeling more natural.  I would say that if "most people" can't tell you had a BA than your were likely wearing a nicely padded bra that gave you the look you now have without the bra.

Have my implants dropped. Is this my final size/shape?

You fall into the "I wish I would have gone bigger" group. Always best to be very very clear on exactly the look you desire and try on sizers before the surgery. Than I recommend next size up... So I think a 550 to 600 cc would have been the look and size you needed... 

Breast implants

It sounds like things overall went well with the surgery and you recovered well. Your pictures show that you still have some settling out if your implants. Typically they fall into position by 3 to 6 months after surgery. You recurred the highest projection implants and this that wold give you the most profile of any type. Give it a couple more months and I billet you will be happy. Best wishes

Nice Result

Thank you for your pictures.  Your result is excellent.  They will not look fuller or bigger with time. You must readjust your expectations.

Final shape/ size

Hello, it seems clear by your post that you are thinking that you should have gone a little larger... I am sorry to say, that with time, the rest of your swelling will eventually resolve, your implants will most likely continue to settle and I suspect the final size will likely be a hair smaller than you are right now. They will not get bigger. You should have fullness that rounds out the bottom of the implant as things continues to settle...but the fullness will decrease in the top part of your breast. Based on your size...you already have a very large implant. Going larger, could set you up for long term complications down the road. I would wait 6 months and see how things are looking, and if you are not happy, I would discuss the issue with your PS.

Healing after Breast Augmention

Thank you for your question about breast augmentation and healing.
Healing takes more time than people expect and it can be discouraging.
  • You are still swollen and things take time to heal. 
  • Usually it takes up to three months for the implants to settle down. As the swelling goes away, the implant softens and looks more natural.
  • You will need at least six months to see your final result. 
If you have serious concerns, it is important to see your plastic surgeon because she/he knows exactly what was done for you.

Best Wishes.
EM

Nice Results

Healing after breast augmentation is dynamic and in the first few months usually improves significantly in terms of shape and softness. Your breasts will continue to look more "natural" in the next few months with some softening and flattening of the upper pole and rounding out of the lower aspect of the breast. Sounds like you were looking for the results of a larger implant? Discuss exchange of your implant to a larger size with your PS as it is very common, unfortunately. You are the only one that needs to be happy so even with 9 plastic surgeons below stating you have great results all that matters is your opinion. Good luck

Joshua B. Hyman, MD

First congratulations on your surgery! From the photos you posted, it looks like you have a nice result for being just 2 months post-op breast augmentation.  Everyone is different, so it can take anywhere from 3-6 months for your implants to settle and breast to soften as swelling continues to go down.  You will most likely notice changes in your breast shape during that time as well.  Try to give it another few months before you evaluate your results.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implants Dropped at 2 Months?

From your photos, you look to have a great result!  Congratulations.  Generally breasts soften up a drop a bit more after a few more months.  If people "can't tell" you have had an augmentation then I might guess you were wearing a rather full stiff bra prior to your surgery.  Do discuss all of this with your plastic surgeon, but plan to look at your final result at 6-12 months.  Good luck!

James N. Romanelli, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon