Mole on my lower back growing. Any suggestions? (photos)

I have a large dark brown, nearly black flat mole on my lower back. It is round but appears to have a rim of lighter colour around it. I have another mole on my hand a a few around my body. I've had the mole on my back since birth but have never noticed to rim of colour. Anything to worry about?

Changing moles

Thank you for your question. Normal moles may gradually grow as we get older. With that being said, I always recommend to have any new or changing lesions to be evaluated by a dermatologist, who will use an instrument called a dermatoscope. This instrument allows the lesion to be viewed under higher magnification, and if there are any concerning or abnormal features noted, then the lesion should be biopsied and sent to a lab for further evaluation. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your skin evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit you. Take care and good luck.