How long do I have to wait to get full back lipo, arms and my double chin after a full tummy tuck,lipo on flanks and BA? (Photo)

how much improvement will i have to my back after the flanks are lipoed. what part of my back are the flanks? I have 3 kids, i worked so hard for the money i put into this,but im kind of sad that i know all of my back fat wont be gone. i am so self conscious about the bra rolls, weight ive gained and the fact i have always been flat chested.i want to have confidence again.dr freiman if you read this,i would love your feed back as well as other experienced board certified plastic surgeons. thanks

How long do I have to wait to get full back lipo, arms and my double chin after a full tummy tuck,lipo on flanks and BA?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift….

Tummy tuck and breast augmentation - how soon before liposuction?

• Thank you for your question about your mommy make-over.
  • You will probably feel LOTS better after a breast augmentation and tummy tuck.
  • Your flanks (the sides) can have liposuction at the time of the tummy tuck.
  • Some surgeons would do back liposuction at the same time, time permitting.
  • Further liposuction is usually done 6 months later, although if you are dong well, it can be earlier.
  • You may feel so happy after the tummy tuck, breast augmentation and flank liposuction that you lose the rest of the weight   - so give yourself a chance to do this.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Lipo after a tummy tuck

I will often consider additional surgery for patients in about minimum 3-4 months after the previous surgery especially after a big procedure like a tummy tuck. You will likely need to have blood drawn to check your blood count.  Best of luck.

Body sculpture after a tummy tuck

No need to delay. After having a tummy tuck and lipo of the flanks and bra rolls, you may now need lipo sculpture not just liposuction. I define lipo-sculpture as not just taking fat from somewhere (and doing it artistically) but putting it elsewhere.

Your sadness is understandable, but I suspect you were first concerned with your belly  which is now flatter. A natural breast lift would address most (if not all) your concerns: "lipo of the neck, the arms, bat wings, and the posterior waist, with a fat transfer to the upper pole of the breasts (with or without a lift)." You spent money wisely, but nothing- not even liposculpture- will rid you of your folds, though your overall shape will probably be  pleasing.

If your surgeon was a board certified plastic surgeon, did a ton of lipo sculpture and operated on you at a certified facility...go back for more. If not find one, and please don't be too shy to ask: "how many natural breast lifts and body sculpture proceedures did you do on women like me, who had a tummy tuck and lipo of the flanks (love handles) and bra rolls, did you do last year?" Don't settle for vague answers. Good luck 

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for liposuction of the back.  I recommend waiting at least 3 months from the time of your tummy tuck.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD