Will liposuction on the area above my belly button help it from sagging over the belly button? (Photo)

I had liposuction several years ago on the area below my belly button. I am working on losing weight but it seems that as much as I try, I cannot lose the fat on top of my belly button as it sags down over the area where I had lipo previously. Could liposuction on the area above my belly button stop it from sagging over?

Saggy skin and liposuction

You have to acknowledge once you have developed saggy skin as the result of pregnancies, losing a significant amount of weight or liposuction, the skin will NEVER get tight again after massage, exercise or another liposuction, no matter which one, actually liposuction will only make your skin saggier or lumpy, because of the flaccid tissue. 
You are indeed a great candidate for a Tummy Tuck in order to remove the saggy skin above and below navel and a nice and tight muscle repair will help to complete a super nice flat abdomen and smaller waist and achieve a more curvaceous body shape.
Be encouraged.
Dr. Cardenas

Will liposuction on the area above my belly button help it from sagging over the belly button?

Greetings

Thank you for your question and photo. ı recommed that you have both liposuction and tummy tuck, Tummy Tuck operation is performed under general anesthesia and it takes to perform the procedure nearly 3 hours when it is performed by a team of plastic surgeons. It is really important to decrease the operation duration to give less anesthesia to the patient yielding a better postoperative period to the patient. You will be advised not to eat 6 hours before the surgery and that is all! You will get a physical examination by your surgeon and anesthetist. After the examination; we will prepare you for the surgery. You will receive a sedation in order to reduce the preoperative anxiety and fell yourself more comfortable.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction vs tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photo. Liposuction can be used to remove any fatty tissue in this area however a skin excision would be needed to tighten the loose skin. Liposuction alone can worsen the sagging skin above your umbilicus by making it more apparent. Best to consult a board certified plastic surgeon for a proper assessment to see what your options are. Good luck. James Lee

James Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring -- FEMALE HI DEF CONTOURING

You are a candidate for a VASER hi definition procedure. This will give you a more contoured and sculped result and excess skin can be removed. I suggest consulting with a VASER hi definition cosmetic dermatologist for optimal results. Best, Dr. Emer

Sagging skin

If you have sagging skin, the liposuction wilt improve that. It might require an excision some sort. Best of luck.

Upper Belly Liposuction

It appears that you have more of a loose skin issue over your belly button. Having liposuction performed in your upper abdomen is likely to only make the sag worse. Once skin has lost its elasticity, it cannot be restored like it was in our youth. The only way to get rid of the sag would be to remove the loose skin. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Sagging abdominal skin

Once the skin has stretched out, liposuction is not the procedure to tighten it and will lead to more sagging. That said, you could benefit from liposuction of the flanks and upper abdomen for contouring purposes. If the bulging is what disturbs you, then this could be considered, particularly in the flanks.  To correct for the sagging skin, a modified or limited abdominoplasty could be considered but I would encourage you to first achieve a weight at which you are comfortable before proceeding with this.

Might try SmartLipo/ThermiTightRF minor surgery under local anesthesia.. Than external ThermiSmooth 250 RF sessions (10).