Lip augmentation - which fillers are best? (Photo)

Which fillers are best recommended for fuller lips for me.. Dont want too much just looking for something natural My lips seem to small ..

Hyalauronic Acid-Based Fillers Best for Lip Augmentation

The hyaluronic-acid based dermal fillers such as Juvederm, Juvederm Volbella, Restylane and Restylane Silk, offer the most natural results for lip augmentation. Which filler is best for you will depend on your anatomy and your desires, as each has a slightly different consistency. Two other advantages to the hyaluronic-acid fillers is that they are biocompatible, since our bodies produce hyaluronic acid naturally, and if you end up not liking the result as much as you'd hoped, the product can be dissolved with hyaluronidase. Please consult with a board-certified dermatologist with expertise in lip augmentation so that you get the subtle and natural results you desire.

San Diego Dermatologist

Options for filler

Hi 9333

Thanks for your question.

There is a very wide range of products currently available and the most usual component in modern wrinkle fillers is hyaluronic acid. This substance is found naturally in almost all body tissues. When injected as a filler, it is immediately effective in correcting creases and is slowly absorbed over 6-12 months. Earlier generations of fillers used collagen which was purified from animal tissue and these caused allergic reactions in some patients. Allergic reaction is a rare complication with the modern generation of hyaluronic acid fillers.

We use Juvederm and find it's getting great results. All the best with finding the results you are after.

Best Lip Fillers

Which lip filler works best for you is to some extent based on personal preference, the safest fillers are made out of hyalouronic acid as this is a substance that exists naturally in the body and can be dissolved with an antidote. It is best to avoid permanent or semi-permanent fillers as these can lead to permanent problems.

What Fillers Are best for Lip Augmentation

Thanks for your question and thanks for including the photos as well. Lip augmentation is fairly common in today’s world and we always recommend finding a provider in a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon’s office – we are the most skilled and most knowledgeable in the use of the fillers. We have some very good fillers for use for lip augmentation – including the new approved Restylane Silk. We also use Belotero and Juvederm in the lips as well.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Best Filler for Lips

That really is a matter of opinion among doctors. Most would choose a Hyaluronic Acid such as Restylane or Juvederm. Some of us also will use Silicone in patients who have had success with an HA but who want a long lasting filler. In your particular case simply defining the lip would look best since you appear to have a good amount of lip volume already.  Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Juvederm

Generally speaking I use Juvederm for lip augmentation because I get consistent reproducible results.  I also like to place less than a full syriinge and always keep a bit if a touch up is needed rather than overfill and get fake results.

Lip augmentation

In my practice I prefer to use Juvederm for lip augmentations.  It lasts up to 1 year and can be dissolved if you do not like the results.  I would recommend finding a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to do the injection. 

Kevin Rose, MD
Provo Plastic Surgeon

Lips augmentation

Your lips look great, minor filling with vermillion border enhancement will definitely add on the attractiveness. I found any brand of Hyarulonic acid or nano fat injection give equivalent optimum  safety and result.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for lips

I think the hyaluronic acid fillers are fine for the lips.  I have used perlane, juvederm, and even volume ( off-label) with excellent long term results.

Restylane SILK

From your photos, your lips are not small.  However, if you desire a fuller look and still look natural, Restylane SILK is the best filler.  It is new to the US market but has been used in Canada and Europe for years.  It's a thinner hyaluronic acid and disperses much more evenly.  I would advise you to see a doctor who has been properly trained with using Restylane SILK.  Good luck!