Laser hair removal VS electrolysis on face? (dark hair, light skin)

I have dark hair and light skin and I'm looking into hair removal on my face (upper lip, chin, cheeks, sideburns, forehead, and cleaning around eyebrows). Since I am a candidate for both, is LHR or electrolysis better in terms of scarring, permanent hair loss, price, etc? Furthermore, I use Proactiv on my face - and I've heard that needs to be discontinued before LHR.

Laser Hair Versus Electroylsis

E is best on the hair line and for shaping this area, laser hair removal is best with large areas that are very dense.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Laser Hair Removal

Thank you for your question deepseteyes. Laser hair removal can lead to permanent hair reduction after a series of six to eight treatments. Those with light skin and dark hair are the best candidates for laser hair removal. Both laser hair removal and electrolysis provide long-term results, neither is associated with scarring. I am not familiar with pricing for electrolysis; pricing for treatments will likely vary from one region to another. Products containing salicylic acid and/or benzoyl peroxide can irritate the skin. For my patients I recommend avoiding such products for a few days before and after any type of treatment such as lasers, electrolysis, chemical peels, etc. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician