What can I do to improve my chin? (Photo)

Hello! As I get older I am starting to notice that my small chin is losing the small amount of fat that it had and developing small wrinkles. Overall I hate my chin. I would like a fuller chin, especially directly underneath my lips (which btw have filler). The dermatologists never have any suggestions for my chin area. I'm hoping there is a second opinion! I really don't want to drastically alter my face, just can't stand my old lady chin! My overbite definitely doesn't help :(

Vertical lengthening Genioplasty

The main reason you have a deep labiomental fold is that your chin is vertically short. An intraoral opening bony genioplasty will vertically lengthen your chin, soften the labiomental fold and make the lower third of your face look younger.

Chin

lena94547, I would not recommend that you do anything to your chin. All I see are lips that have too much filler and a nose I'd like to improve. The enemy of good is better; beware! Always see an experienced surgeon that does "only faces". Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin

you have a 'low angle' growth pattern so that the 'overbite' is an issue. This pattern has a 'reduced' height of the chin/front of the lower jaw; so that a genioplasty/not implant; will increase the height and convert the 'deeper fold' under the lip to a more natural curve. Aging will always reduce that height over time; so it is an 'anti-aging' effect as well

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Options for chin

I would suggest scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  The surgeon can discuss a variety of options to address your specific concerns about your chin and the skin below you lower lip.  Some things to discuss could include additional fillers, fat transfer or a chin implant.  Many offices also have imaging software that can be used at the time of your consultation to give you an idea about what outcomes could be achieved using the methods I mentioned above.  Good luck!

Edward J. Ricciardelli, MD
Wilmington Plastic Surgeon

What can I do to improve my chin?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.