Had a tummy tuck a month ago and it's still open. Yellow fluid with blood is coming out? (Photos)

Is that infeccion? I need to take more antibiotic ?? My doc said he can't see me until monday

Tummy tuck with fluid and blood from incision

Thank you for your questions and photographs. From the limited photographs I can view, it appears you have granulation tissue which can bleed and ooze yellow fluid. This may or may not be an infection. It is imperative you be seen and have the area cultured and evaluated for the possibility of infection. Best wishes in your recovery.Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society,
AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Post tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photos.  It is difficult to determine what is going on from your photos without an in person examination.  This may represent 1 of several different things: including a dissolving suture, versus a small amount of liquified fat, versus a trapped hair follicle. I would recommend following up with your operative plastic surgeon so that he or she may examine you and address your concerns directly.

James Shoukas, MD
Lake Mary Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph. I see your area of concern and it is difficult without an in-person examination to determine what may be causing this appearance.  This area of swelling does not look infected and may be an ingrown hair follicle, a suture that is making its way to the skin surface, or a small amount of fat that has liquefied and drained through your incision.  Keep the area clean and covered and see your surgeon for an evaluation.  They can help treat the area appropriately.