I had lipo 4 weeks ago done on my lower and upper abs. Will these large bumps go away? How can I treat? (Photos)

I do not want to have to wait 6mobths to a year for these bumps to go away. What can I do?

#liposuction #plasticsurgery

Hello jfr13, thank you for your excellent question. Congratulations on your recent surgery. Your photos are very helpful, however without the benefit of knowing your full health history and an in person exam it's impossible to say for certain. Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. If you decide to seek a second opinion, consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person, preferably one who has these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol
*A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol
*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle  Hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best. Kind regards, Brian Coan, MD, FACS  CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Loose skin

Often patients with poor quality skin who undergo liposuction see these areas especially by  the umbilbicus because of the skin adherence to this area.  Some of this may be due to swelling and you have to give it time to settle, but you ultimately may want a full tummy tuck to address the laxity.