I am interested in getting a tummy tuck and breast augmentation done in one procedure. Cost? (Photo)

Tummy tuck and breast augmentation - what is cost?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • The  cost of these procedures varies with region and with surgeon.
  • It is likely to be at least $12,000 and in our area, closer to $15,000.
  • It will be much more in Manhattan and other areas of concentrated wealth.
  • Your best approach is to find one or more plastic surgeons to consult -
  • Find out the price for what you want done - and above all, find a qualified surgeon whom you trust.
  • The cost will include the surgeon's fee, garments, implants, operating room, anesthesia.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

I am interested in getting a tummy tuck and breast augmentation done in one procedure. Cost?

Thank you for your question and photograph. Prices for a breast augmentation and tummy tuck are centered around three cost centers: anesthesia, facility, and surgeon's fees. The first two are based on the amount of time spent in the operating room with prices that are set by the respective cost center. A surgeon has discretion in his charges to patients and this will encompass the surgical procedures as well as the cost of the implants. As these three cost center will vary across the country and by each surgeon, best to see a few physicians in consultation to have a better estimate for the Maryland region. Hope this helps.

Cost of a MM

• Cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

• 1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

• 2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?

Mommy Makeover

The most requested surgeries in a mommy makeover are breast reshaping & body contouring. Both these procedures also happen to bring about the most drastic change in the overall body image of a woman following pregnancies. They turn back the clock.

The procedure cost varies depending on the hospital/clinic, county/state/country/continent & the surgeon's fees. While considering these surgeries, cost is always secondary. What is more important is to find a board certified plastic surgeon who understands your concerns prior to the surgery & expectations post op.

The procedure cost as you might have noticed is lesser across borders. The procedure cost for a TT with a BA at our clinic would be approx.7000-8500US$ all inclusive of a 10 day stay at the clinic.

All the best!

Thank you for the question. When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well
In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.
***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

Cost for breast augmentation and tummy tuck?

The cost is going to depend on a number of different variables.  Where you're located in the country, the qualifications of the surgeon, the type of implant you choose, the length of the tummy tuck incision, etc.  Typically, for those two procedures, my patients expect to pay $13,000-14,000.  My fees include: surgeon's fees, facility costs, anesthesia, supplies, implants and all visits to the office.  Good luck if you decide to pursue surgery!

Cost of mommy makeover

You will need to consult with a few plastic surgeons in your area to get an accurate idea of cost for a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. Cost will vary based on type of implant, type of facility for the surgery and experience of the plastic surgeon. You will likely expect to pay anywhere from 11,000 to 15,000 (total, which includes operating room fees, anesthesia, garments, surgeon's fees). Use price as only one factor in choosing your plastic surgeon. Evaluate photos, patient reviews and experience more heavily.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

What are the costs?

I have chosen to answer your question with a  recommendation instead of a monetary amount. Price is not the important question but the qualifications of the surgeon,  safety of the operating facility, anesthesia provider and their experience, staff knowledge support and education, and outcomes and photos  provided by the doctor on their website. These are the important questions to ask because price may vary considerably and should not be the primary determinant for choosing a surgeon. I hope this helps.  

Michael D. Cohen, MD

Pricing

The costs for Tummy Tuck or Mommy Makeover will vary depending on what region of the US you live in, the physician doing the surgery and the combination of procedures. The cost can usually be broken down in to the surgical fee, the operating room fee, and the anesthesia fee. As the OR and anesthesia often charge by the hour, these fees can vary depending on how long it takes to do the procedure. Someone very petite with no fat (just loose skin) will take less time than someone larger. Total costs in the Bay Area probably range from under 10K to close to 15K or 20K. Depending on your insurance plan, repair of a hernia at the same time may be covered as well as some or all of the OR and anesthesia costs. This can vary widely. Select a plastic surgeon you are comfortable with who will take great care of you and has the talent to deliver the results you are looking for. Don't make price the deciding factor but take it into overall consideration.

Good luck!

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #mommymakeover

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for those procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD