I want my implants removed. Given my situation, will it be better to wait for removal or can this really be done asap?

Periareolar catheters removed while still draining lots of blood with clear liquid. Doctor gave me farbi c saying the blood will absorb and I am with antibiotics for 11 days, For the milk found they tried burning conducts in surgery and I already took 3 pills prolactine inhibitor. I am concerned my breasts get more liquid in. But really I just want my implants out. i had a donut lift when implanting. How removal should be done if it can be done asap. Thank you so much doctors.

Breast augmentation - want implants out ASAP

Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal.
  • You should certainly be able to have your implants removed if you want them removed.
  • The usual removal is done using the same incision used to put them inside you.
  • It is not clear to me what is going on since bleeding 11 days after surgery is quite unusual.
  • If your surgeon is not a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, consider finding one to take over your care.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

I want my implants removed. Given my situation, will it be better to wait for removal?

I'm sorry about the problems you have experienced. This situation is certainly complicated;  good advice would require much more information than can be transmitted online.  Having said that, if you are convinced that you want to have the breast implants removed,  I do not think there is any benefit in delaying. Make sure that you make your decisions based on long-term considerations, not because you are (understandably) frustrated with the current complication. Best wishes.

Implant removal

Thanks for sharing and I empathize with your complaints.

Unfortunately it appears you haven't posted pictures nor told the whole story - would you mind doning so in order to get proper advice. If not, would u discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon who would be in a better position to advice you.

Ben (Uzoma) Gbulie, MD

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph and I am sorry that your augmentation results have not been what you anticipated.  In order to get the best advice I would recommend posting a series of photographs, but if ultimately you are 100% sure in your desire to remove your implants, the sooner it is performed the better for your long-term result.  Hope this helps. 

Implant issues

Not sure what is going on and what you might need to have done. You did not post any photos either.  Best of luck.

Implant removal

Truthfully it is a bit difficult to advise you without understanding the complete clinical picture.  That being said it is always my opinion that things are best done deliberately, thoughtfully, and not in a rush.  I wish you the best of luck.

I would not be so quick to have your implants removed.  I am not sure how long you had them in for.  Also, if you had a lift with the implants and are now removing the implants, it may leave your breasts a bit deflated. I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Best wishes!
Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant removal

I am not sure what surgery you had on the beast. Having milk production after breast augmentation can occur sometimes and can be treated.
Having significant blood drainage is not normal.
May be you need a second opinion