Gynecomastia surgery in September & it has been 2 months. I still have puffy/cones shaped nipples. What should I do? (Photos)

Is it possible that my surgeon removed glandular tissue through incisions at the bottom right and left front of my chest? There are still the same 2cm diameter balls under each nipple, so I do not think much was removed. The scars seem to be healing well, but my chest still seems to have feminine curves. I was wondering if it was normal to only remove fat from the chest and to do it through incisions about 3 inches below and 1 inch outward from my nipple?

Swelling After Gynecomastia Surgery

Hi... At 2 months, you should be seeing a definite improvement in your shape.  However, it is likely that some swelling still remains.  It is difficult to tell from your photos but if your incisions are not very close to or within the areola, it is very difficult if not impossible to remove the gland tissue.  The gland tissue is attached to the underside of your areola where you nipple is located.  When in doubt, speak with your surgeon and ask what was done.  Also, give it more time.  You should definitely see improvement by 3 months and should be basically done by about 6 months.  Good luck.
Dr. Parham Ganchi - NJ Plastic Surgeon

Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Some Post-Op Key Points about Gynecomastia

BRUISING AND SWELLING: Bruising and swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. The compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will heal.

NUMBNESS: It is normal to experience numbness around the areola and chest. As your body heals, you may notice random bursts of pain in your chest. This is usually a sign that the numbness is subsiding.

LUMPINESS: As you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue.

If you find that any of these issues are not reduced my the efforts you make on your own, it would be best to take your concerns to your plastic surgeon and have the area examined to help make sure healing is progressing well. Good luck.