I need help deciding between traditional saline and the new Ideal implant! (Photo)

There are significant pros and cons to both saline and the ideal implant. If anyone can provide any help I would appreciate it! :) For reference : 20yo, no kids, 5"7, 115lbs

Ideal Implant

The Ideal Implant will have a less fluid feel than traditional saline.  There will be less rippling due the multilumen construction of the implant.  It will feel and look more like a silicone implant.

IDEAL implant

Natural feel is not the only thing women care about. The FDA approved intact silicone gel implants as safe. However, if a gel implant ruptures the implant and any gel should be removed including the surrounding capsule (capsulectomy). IDEAL® IMPLANT offers women natural feel without the risk of silent rupture. Women value the advantages of IDEAL® IMPLANT over silicone gel:
Rupture Advantages
  • No silent ruptures
  • Saline absorbed, free Silicone Gel remains
  • No MRI needed to detect ruptures
  • Look in the mirror to know implants are intact
  • Easy to remove and replaced if ruptured
Filler Advantages
  • Only saline inside for peace of mind
  • Safety of saline
  • No silicone gel in the body
Clinical Advantages
  • Youthful shape/contour
  • Lower capsule contracture rate
  • Higher rupture strength
  • Low rupture rate

Implant type

I recommend that you seek out a board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who is an expert in this type of surgery and then meet with them in person for a consultation. They will advise you about implant options and the pros and cons for each type.

All the best

Saline, Ideal Saline or Silicone Breast Implants

I'm not yet convinced that the "Ideal Implant" is the ideal implant.   Back in the 90's and early 2000's, when the safety of silicone was still in question, this implant may have been the ideal alternative.  Unfortunately, it was not available back then.   Now that Silicone Gel has been proven safe, and since silicone has a more "breast like" feel.  The downside to the current Saline implants is its artificial feel, ripples, folds, firmness and higher rate of rupture.  From what I understand, the Ideal Implant is still in its trial stages.   There is no long term history or statistics to go by yet.   I have only experienced holding the implants in my hand.   Definitely feel more natural than the current saline implants, but still not as good as Silicone Gel.   DiscoverTheBeauty.com

Saline vs silicone, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting question.
Breast Augmentation with Saline or Silicone It is a very common question.
In my practice i recommend using - Cohesive Gel - Silicone Breast Implants with textured cover.
They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and most natural appearance than Saline implants.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Silicone vs saline implants.

In short saline implants are less expensive and if leakage occurs the Lanier is safely absorbed, but saline does not look or feel as natural. Silicone can offer a better shape, look and feel but it is more expensive.the new thicker silicone implants are much safer and are being use much more frequently. You should have a full discussion with your surgeon.

Shahriar Mabourakh, MD, FACS
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

I need help deciding between traditional saline and the new Ideal implant!

Thank you for your question.  In general, the traditional saline implants feel like water balloons and are inferior in terms of "feel."  The new IDEAL implants are also saline implants but feel way more natural (almost like silicone implants).  Based on its unique design of multiples shells and baffles and 2 chambers of saline, it is purported to reduce the issue of rippling, sloshing, and maintains its contour very well, including the upper pole and fits better onto the chest wall b/c of its low edges.  The downside is that it costs more and is currently only available to a select network of board certified plastic surgeons around the country.  Hope that helps - good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Saline vs silicone

Hello, there are numerous advantages and disadvantages to the various implants, which are better discussed in person once the person's unique anatomy is taken into consideration.  A few key advantages of saline implants include lower price, the ability to insert them through a small incision, and adjustability.  Some advantages of silicone implants include lower rupture rates and possibly a more natural feel and less rippling in patients without a lot of breast tissue.

Implant differences

Thank you for your question, and I wish you the best of luck with your decision. It is best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can in person examine you, take key measurements and go over with you your specific aesthetic goals. My consultation is done at no charge, and is meant to help you start getting the best result. Also included is a review and discussion about the actual implants as there are several key differences and some similarities in the types and shapes of breast implants. In the office, you can see and feel in person the different sizes, shapes and textures of the various implants and the differences can be discussed.

Benjamin J. Cousins M.D.

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon