38 year old male who has poikilodermia of civatte. What other factors but sun could be making it worse and progress? (Photo)

Over last two years i have had PC that has gotten larger in size on the sides of the neck. I have pigmentation and slight redness. Despite having done 6 sessions of IPL (ellipse nordlyse) and staying out of the sun and wearing sun screen it has gotten bigger over the last year. What is causing this? Any other factors? Could IPl have made it worse? Can i stop it? I never had any brusing or blistering after treatment.

Redness / Sun Damage, Piokiloderma -- Yellow Laser, Pulsed Dye Laser/V Beam, IPL

Vascular lasers will do well to treat this. I often combine with fraxel to get an even better outcome.  Best, Dr. Emer.