I've had gynecomastia for 2 and a half years and was wondering if my nipples are severe or not? (Photo)

Treating Puffy Nipples

"Puffy Nipple Areola Complex" is among the most common forms of gynecomastia. This gland and/or adipose tissue accumulation can be located under the areola or can be slightly extended outside the areola, causing the areola to appear dome shaped.This form of #Gynecomastia can be found in all age groups but is more common in young adults.
As each case is different, it is vital that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in male breast surgery. The surgeon should determine if you are a suitable candidate for male breast reduction by liposuction or glandular excision. It is also crucial to have a plastic surgeon who is well-versed in the gynecomastia condition can determine if there is firm breast tissue beneath the areola that is causing the nipples to project (which is often the case), and if so, how much of this glandular tissue can be removed to create a flat appearance.
#PuffyNipple surgery generally takes only an hour or two, and the recovery time is short; sometimes less than a week. There is minimal scarring and the success rate is excellent. Therefore, patients who suffer from "Puffy Nipples", and who view it as an unaesthetic and unpleasant condition, may desire surgical intervention to correct the "puffy nipple" condition.
Men who suffer from large #areolas may notice that after breast surgery, the skin of the chest muscles will tighten, causing the areolas to tighten and diminish in size. This is a result of the removal of glandular and/or adipose tissue.

Gynecomastia

It appears you have a relatively mild case.  Your experience with pectoral workout and development is not rare, as it will only camouflage, not really correct the condition.  You really need to see a certified plastic surgeon, but it appears you would probably see improvement with a gynecomastia reduction procedure.  It will probably involve both glandular resection and some liposuction.

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Gynecomastia

Thank you for the photos and from them without an examination you do appear to have gynecomastia that can be corrected surgically.  So see some experts in your area

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Gynecomastia for years

From your photographs, it seems you would be a good candidate for gynecomastia operation. My main concern would be that this is such a recent phenomenon, and may not be stable. In this case, depending on how it affects you, you could have your gynecomastia corrected at this point with some possible expectation that you may need repeat surgery in the future.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Ideal candidate for gynecomastia

You are an ideal candidate for gynecomastia. Your degree of prominence and nipples are moderate in severity. Please see examples below to see what your potential improvement can be.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Gynecomastia treatment

From your photos it looks like you have a gynecomastia that is mostly due to breast tissue concentrated under your nipples. My preferred  method of treatment is liposuction with an ultrasound to melt the breast tissue as well as the fat. Try to save an incisional surgery as a back up if you can.

Morad Tavallali, MD
Vienna Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

Deciding on surgery for gynecomastia is how much it bothers "you".  If you are self conscious to the point that you don't go swimming without a t-shirt on or did not participate in sports because you didn't want to undress in front of others, then surgery is for you.  Everyone should have  a hormone workup prior to surgery.  If you are going to see if insurance will cover it they usually want those results.  I have been impressed with howmuch it improves someone's self esteem even when they had a mild case.  The operation is relatively simple for a board certified plastic surgeon who regularly performs this surgery.

Randy Proffitt, MD
Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia

Hi Eddiebot12,
Thanks for the post and photos. It appears that you have gynecomastia based on the photos but an in person examination would need to be performed to determine whether it is glandular excess, fatty excess, or both. This will determine the best treatment.
As for whether it is severe, the real question you need to be asking is whether it is severe enough for you to want to do something about it.

Sincerely,
Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a proper diagnosis and subsequent(if any) course of treatment. I have attached a link to help you choose the correct doctor. 

#malebreastreduction
#gynecosmastiaremoval
#findingthebestplasticsurgeon

I've had gynecomastia for 2 and a half years and was wondering if my nipples are severe or not?

Thank you for the question and photo.

Accurate diagnosis would necessitate physical examination. It IS important to differentiate gynecomastia ( excess breast tissue) from lipomastia ( otherwise known as pseudo-gynecomastia or excess adipose tissue of chest wall). Treatment will differ depending on diagnosis.

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.